Templafy Desktop 2.1: Allow user to download host 2.1 from Settings page: A new version of Templafy Desktop Host is released (v 2.1), the Desktop Settings page is now giving administrators the new .msi version when the active Templafy Desktop Client is set to 2.1 or higher. Changing the .msi version to the new one is performed when having the client set to a version of at least 2.1 and the .msi is downloaded for the first time - a confirmation model is shown. After setting the .msi version to 2.1, only Desktop Client versions of 2.1 or above are available in the client version list.
Show list of users with Email signature for Office 365: A new list has been added to the email signature synchronization page under Email settings that show which users have enabled email signatures for Office 365. This list can be filtered by users which have it Enabled/Disabled and it is possible to search for specific users.
Support Dynamics for core file properties (Document Properties): Templafy admin can configure document properties through Dynamics in Template Designer for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. This means that metadata such as title, subject, company, etc. can be dynamic and contain bindings. NOTE: This function requires Dynamics version 1.6
Outlook add-in - Option to attach PDF from digital asset library: It is now possible to attach PDF in Outlook from your digital library. NOTE: VSTO Add-in must be least 5.6.X.X
Support insertion of dynamic text element from the text element library: This feature enables support of Dynamics in "Text Elements" library. Dynamics enabled text elements (aka "Dynamic Text Elements") will work as they are templates placed in the "Documents" library. The feature works in Word and in Outlook. NOTE: This is available in VSTO Add-in 22.214.171.1244
The following dynamics configurations are supported:
- Text configurations
- Group configurations
- Image configurations
- Date configurations
WebAddin custom manifest (SSO): With this fix, the automatic SSO should work the same way for Office Online and Office Windows as is has been doing for the past months on iOS (Mac)
Preview failed to generate a preview for images with % in their name: This is now fixed
Box DAM integration: We experienced challenges with Box thumbnails for images. This is now fixed.
Cancel option when deleting package did not work: This is now fixed and when canceling a package deletion will package not be deleted.
Unable to download .zip with include "/" and "+" in this name: This is fixed
Unable to delete inactive Templafy Desktop Package: This is now fixed
Slow application with big data sources: Clients with large data sources did experience slow application. We have made a fix to this - and it no clients are running slow anymore. If a client is experiencing slow application please contact the Delivery department at Templafy.
New layout for the settings tab in Templafy Designer
We have improved Templafy Designer and made it easier for users to create templates.
- Visual interface for modifying template configuration: Previously, users had to write JSON to create templates. To improve the user experience, we replaced the "JSON" tab with the "Settings" tab which contains visual options for editing relevant parts of the template configuration. This means that users now can enable DCU and select dynamics via a UI instead of writing JSON code.
- Enable a document as a template: Previously, users had to load and save a template configuration to create a template. These steps were necessary before users could start working with the template (e.g. adding element configurations). We improved and automated the way we enable templates so users can start editing templates right away.
- Convert to a regular document: This feature is beneficial because it allows users to convert a template or a document with a template configuration back to a regular document. By doing this, users remove all template, form and slide configurations, as well as all Templafy document properties. Previously, this was not possible because creating a template was a one-way process.
- Backward compatibility: The new changes are compatible with older versions of VstoAddins. However, there are some notable differences.
In VstoAddins versions older than 126.96.36.199 the document is automatically enabled as a template when the user opens the Templafy Designer.
Besides this, VstoAddins versions older than 188.8.131.52 do not support converting to a regular document.
Refine Active Directory (AD) Groups filtering
We have now added a tooltip to each group in the AD dropdown menu, where name, id, type, and description will be shown. At the same time, the API used for retrieving the groups has been switched from Azure Active Directory Graph to the new and recommended Microsoft Graph. By doing so, we have better control over what we retrieve from the Active Directory and performance is generally better.
Update Iconfinder signup process to include getting the token automatically
From now on Templafy Admins can enable Iconfinder DAM integration without to use extra tools e.g. Postman. The new setup process is as follows:
- Create an account on https://iconfinder.com
- Create new application under "API Applications"
- Open the following link in a browser: https://www.iconfinder.com/api/v3/oauth2/authorize?client_id=[YOUR_CLIENT_ID]&client_secret=[YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET]&response_type=code
- Click the "Allow" button. Copy the "code" value which will appear in the browser URL after the link is opened.
- Create new Iconfinder library integration in Templafy Admin Center and use the "client id" (from Iconfinder website), the "client secret" (from Iconfinder website) and the "code" (received in the previous step)
- Go to the app and open the Iconfinder library. This step is very important because it will trigger the token generation which finalizes the setup flow.
If everything is completed successfully the "token" value in the Iconfinder integration will be populated and you will see it when you try to edit the integration in Templafy Admin Center. Once the "token" is generated the rest of the settings ("client_id", "client_secret" and "code") are not used and they cannot be reused for another integration setup. If you need to set up again the same integration start from step 3.
Previous Iconfinder integrations which were completed before this release will continue to work without any further changes required.
Automate VSTO release
Prior to this release was part of the VSTO release a manual process, which now is changing so the entire process is automated. Releasing VSTO will be operated in three stages: Internal stage (internal validation), insider stage (testing and early preview for partners) and stable stage (release is ready to be distributed to all customers). When the release is ready for all customers it can be downloaded from Desktop Settings in the Templafy Admin Center
Multiple languages have been added to Templafy
Multiple languages have been added to a different part of the Templafy application, which covers: the main web application, stand-alone pages, error messages (server-side) and the Document Content Validator (DCV) application. The added 5 new languages are Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish and Norwegian.
Error retrieving Azure Active Directory groups
- For tenants not using AzureAD, we would incorrectly log an exception when editing user group filters. This has now been fixed by no longer throwing an exception.
Infinite loop when saving user profiles with invalid email signature configuration
- When updating the user profile during the Templafy Desktop flow an invalid configuration could trigger an infinite loop. This is now fixed and an error will be displayed to the user - where the user can try again or close the window.
Save & Next broken
- The "Save & Next" button was missing when editing a template. This bug was affecting all tenants. The bug is now fixed
Templafy Desktop onboarding flow shows a blank screen for Windows 8.1
- The <meta> compatibility property for Internet Explorer was not correctly interpreted because it was not first property. It is now the first <meta> property in the <head>. Furthermore, we also added compatibility options to HTTP requests headers
Multiple signature instances generated for the same Email account
- In case we had the same signature valid for more than one domain and the same signature was used for both new and reply then the signature would actually get duplicated, although its content was the same.
This fix addressed the problem and makes sure that as long as the signatures are equal only a single copy is generated.
The claim "address" from AzureAD might contains "\r\n" instead of line breaks
- We had a bug that made new lines stored in the street address field in the Active Directory claims being wrongly dynamically inserted into Templafy's processing engines (documents, presentations, email signatures, etc.). Instead of correctly inserting new lines those were replaced with
\ncharacters. It has now been fixed and new lines are correctly inserted. This was affecting all tenants who had new lines in their street address claim field in their Azure AD tenant setup.
Fallback thumbprint check failed with WS Federation authentication
- We had a bug regarding our authentication method of WS Federation. When inserting a Signin Certificate 2 Thumbprint (the fallback certificate) this was not taken into account making users unable to to login anymore until the main certificate was updated. This was affecting all our tenants who had WS Federation as their main authentication method and it is now fixed.
Improved consistency of Email Signatures which includes several new added features to the Email Signature. The new Email Signature addresses the challenges working with Email Signature in preview mode and in an Email application. It requires a manual migration process to go from version 1 to version 2. All new Email Signature clients will automatically be prompted to used version 2. To support admins in this task we created a set of new tools:
- A “Duplicate” button
- A “Migrate” button with migration results
- A “Validate” button and a more thorough validation
- A “Format HTML” button to fix markup indentation
- A Rich Preview area
- Full screen for HTML editor
Box DAM integration
The Box DAM integration is the newest integration in Templafy. Tenants who have Box account can add this integration to their Templafy solution.
The DAM integration supports: folder browsing, searching images globally, viewing images, downloading images, showing tags on images.
Entering email address twice when logging in via AzureAD
- When accessing app.templafy.com and entering an email address, this could redirect to Azure AD, where the email had to be entered again.
We now pass the entered email address to Azure AD as login hint, so the user only have to enter the password.
Double scrollbar in the Email Signature Preview
- Two vertical scrollbars was shown in the Email Signature Preview. This is now fixed and only one scrollbar is active and will be visible to the user.
Signatures do not get updated when a data source change
- If an email signature contained a binding to the data source that had no DataSourceSelectionId (not having it set or not being a drop-down type), the email signature was not updated in Outlook because no change was detected. This is now fixed and when verifying if data sources updated, it is also looking for bindings built with the form name.
Slide compare detects changes to presentation
- We had a bug where all slides in a presentation always appeared as changed when uploaded to Templafy. This was a problem for Validator since it detected all the slides as changed, and prompted users to update all the slides - even the slides that were not modified. This was caused by structural changes in the presentation, which were invisible for users. We've updated our slide comparer so we now ignore such structural changes.
Keyboard shortcuts in drop downs did not read letters after a space
- We noticed that dropdowns in our website did not search properly with space or special character such as "å" or "ø". Dropdowns will now understand this input and search the content accordingly.
- Filters based on User profile improved
Many customers are using filters based on the user profile date to only show content that is relevant to the users. A common case is to filter assets and folders based on the country that the user has chosen in her/his user profile. For users that for instance are working in multiple offices and therefore have multiple user profiles, they would only see the content of the assets which the last used user profile gave access to. To see other content it was therefore necessary to go through the document creation flow and change the user profile through the dropdown in this flow.
With this release we are showing all assets and folders that might be relevant to me based on my user profiles. This means that we show assets that any of the user's user profiles give access to. An example of this would be a person that works in both from US and EU offices and therefore have user profiles accordingly to that. He/she will now see a combined view of the assets filtered to either the Danish or the US office.
- Documents generated via dynamic templates blocked from upload This is implemented to avoid admins accidentally uploading documents that contain user specific information and also looses the dynamic capabilities of the template. Link to new error message.
- Custom document properties are no longer removed from a uploaded templates.
- Improved messages when SSO login fails
When errors happens on single sign-on, we now provide a specific error page towards single sign-on providing more information about the issue.
The user is now shown an error page guiding them to restart their browser or application depending on if they experience the issue via our Add-in or from the web.
If the issue persists users should contact their internal help desk. We also pass on the error message from the service to enable their internal help desk to resolve the issue if possible before contacting Templafy support.
- Option for Admins to export all users to a CSV file via the admin interface.
- Support for SCIM (System for Cross Domain Identity Management)
Support for industry standard protocol called SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management). Using SCIM our customers are now able to automatically sync their users and groups from their AD so user accounts does not exist in Templafy when a user leaves the client organisation.
Supported authentication methods:
Azure Active Directory
When set up, Templafy automatically adds new users and remove them when they leave the tenant.
For more on how to set-up SCIM can be found here: How to set up SCIM
Combo boxes now show in bindings in Template Designer
- Performance improvements for DAM libraries Colourbox and Skyfish.
- Improved SSO for Web Add-ins
With this feature the Add-in will automatically try to log the user into Templafy when the Add-in is opened. That way the user will get access to documents and assets right away then they open the Add-in, without having to writing their email first.
The automatic logon should work with all of our SSO-authentication methods. However to get this feature to work it is necessary for the user to be using a specialised version of the manifest file containing the right Tenant ID (like with Templafy Desktop). This can be distributed through the Office Admin Center.
- Support for group bindings for row level content controls in Word
Users experienced that adding or updating a binding on a row level would be allowed even though it was unsupported. This would result in unintended and inconsistent behavior. Row level bindings are now supported when choosing a group binding in the template designer, while all other bindings will be blocked by displaying a message to the user. Since these changes will be available in the template designer, users need to update their VSTO add-in to the newest version. If a user modifies an existing disallowed row level binding, the binding will be removed and the user will be notified that the binding is not supported.
- New DAM integrations added
- Create presentations in Templafy web Add-ins
Templafy presentation library is now available in Templafy web Add-ins. With this feature it is now possible to create presentations in PowerPoint via office Web Add-in meaning that we now have native Mac and Office Online support for presentations.
- Distribute SlideProof as independent package & filter Templafy Desktop packages by UserGroups (SlideProof)
SlideProof can now be enabled and distributed to a subset of users with Templafy Desktop. Templafy Implementation partners can read more about this here
Allow email domains with numbers in Valid for domains
- Apply color theme
Color themes that are saved in Templafy can now be used in dynamic presentations. If specified in the template configuration, the color theme will now be applied on document creation. Additionally, it is possible to have color themes applied depending on bindings made in the template. That means that, for instance, different user profiles can have references to different color themes. When switching between user profiles, these color themes will be applied - also in offline mode and in document content update (DCU) mode.
VSTO-addin version 184.108.40.2062 or greater
Transformation version 1.3
Links to support site
- Bynder DAM integration now supports OAuth1 login flow
Bynder DAM integration supports personalized images instead of common content for all users. A user can authenticate via OAuth1 login flow and have content different from the default provided by Bynder for the account. An administrator can activate the option from the Templafy Admin panel. When this is done, all user will see a login notification bar in the bottom of the Bynder library in the Templafy VSTO plugin. Once clicked it will open a native window pop-up which will require the user to authenticate inside the Bynder portal. The same option is accessible from the "Settings" menu in the top-right corner in Templafy VSTO plugin. The users can also choose to disconnect from the personalized content by choosing "Disconnect" from the "Settings" menu.
- Performance improvement: Increased performance for complex Word documents containing many bindings.
DCV for PowerPoint Slides
This is the first version of our Document Content Validation for slides. With the Document Content Validation feature we keep track of all slides enabled for validation to make sure that they will stay up to date even after they have been created.
This will make it possible for company admins to ensure that all produced presentations will always be up to date with the latest company standards.
Also, we make sure that all slides and presentations that are controlled by the company is locked, and therefore cannot be changed by the user.
This first version is still in beta state.
- VSTO-addin version 220.127.116.118 or greater
- Transformation version 1.2
- Web application UI now available in more languages: German and Dutch added
- Templafy integration to Salesforce now supports Salesforce lightning
- Tenmplafy integration to GoogleDrive
- Generic DAM integration
- Option to integrate an image library of another Templafy tenant
- Option to integrate any other custom DAM provider which implements the Swagger JSON specification of Templafy's public API docs: https://api-v1.templafy.com/swagger/docs/v1
- Improved performance. Speed-up loading Templafy in Office Apps (Requires Templafy Desktop
1.7.x.xand VSTO Add-ins to
- Combo boxes in forms and user profile
- Text Element insertion
- Excel templates now supported offline (No support for DCU)
- Binding function "Ticks"
(Requires transformation version 1.1)
- Support for UI of web application in local languages
- New flow when creating new tenants on Templafy (Partners)
- New account information page:(Admin)
- Branded user on-boarding flow. Option to add customer logo from account page.
- Option for customer to enter relevant email addresses for Templafy service notifications and for product updates.
- Upload of background image for web application moved to account page.
- Email claims used in content and email filters are not longer case sensitive.
- Fix upload of zip files with images when metadata.json was not in the archive file.
- Template Designer enhancements. Dynamic templates can now be configured via graphic user interface alone.
- Font distribution. Lets company admins manage special fonts used in the organization by letting distributing these directly to users and withdrawing them when no longer needed.
- Combo box form field. Gives SuperAdmins the option to create form fields that is both a drop down and a text field. (Choose an option from the drop down or write free text if no option is suitable). Requires add-ins version 18.104.22.1686 or higher.
- Option to hide drop down field in a user profile if only one option is available.
- Improved image compression on images inserted via add-ins from Templafy image library and external DAM libraries (Images remain original size downloaded from the web app)
- Prompt to admins before deleting an active email signature.
- Option to configure placeholder text in ComboBox.
- Option to disable Offline from settings menu (Requires Add-ins 22.214.171.1244)
- Network throttling.
- Salesforce integration.
- Public API for adding images to Templafy.
- Increased performance: loading times admin pages.
- Template Designer available to all SuperAdmins. (Prerequisite addin version 126.96.36.1991 or higher).
- Increased audit logging in admin interface.
- Improved offline handling of dynamic templates.
- AD user groups filtering on email signatures.
- Friendly names for AD user groups (AzureAD).
- Enhanced options for filtering with user groups defined in Templafy.
- Document form fields conditional on choices made in userprofile - e.g. enables variable dropdown items in the language set in the user profile.
- Dynamic document forms - hide non required fields or fields that only has one possible value.
- Off-line mode enabled - let's users work with Templafy in MS Office as if they were online for content marked as "make available offline" by a company administator.
- Improved onboarding flow for email signatures.
- Date issue in Outlook
- Document content update (DCU) - re-apply or user profile or document form information on a document previously created and stored on the desktop.
- Off-line mode enabled - let's users work with Templafy in MS Office as if they were online for content marked as "make available offline" by a company administator.
- Office 2007 no longer supported
- Support for excel data import to PowerPoint
- Templafy Web-Addins available in Microsoft Office Store
- Templafy SharePoint app available from Microsoft Market Place
- DMS WorkZone
- DAM: BrandWorkz
- DAM: Cumulus
- Increased performance of email signature
- Custom properties kept when a document is replaced
- Cases of case sensitivity in email signature setup
- High resolution issues with email signature
Email signatures admin pages
- New tab layout and improved content overview
- All signatures and disclaimers now supports start and end dates
- Explicit option to activate/deactive a signature part
- Syntax highlighting in HTML Editor
- DAM: ImageShop
- DAM: BrandMaster
- Deep search link now works. e.g: https://subdomain.templafy.com/images/business-areas?search=test
- In VSTO: Fix Add-ins freezes
- In Outlook: Show operation ID if it fails to generate email signature preview in Outlook onboarding flow
- Support for multiple signatures for a customer.
- Email signature based on AD groups / claims.
- Support for shared mailboxes.
- Support for email campaigns.
- Dynamic insertion of disclaimers.
- Dynamic insertion of logos (.jpg, .png, .gif)
- Updated on-boarding flow for new users.
- Option to edit email signature from the ribbon.
- HTML editor for setting up email signatures.
Features - end users
- Email signature w. onboarding flow for new users
- Integration to Bynder DAM library
- New upgrade sharepoint app now available in Microsoft market place
Features - Admins
- Interface for centrally create and manage email signatures for all
- New library icons
- New error pages
Performance has been improved for faster:
- Navigation between folders
- Document creation
- Upload of presentations
Features - end users
- Option for shared user profiles
- Bread crumb navigation in folders
- Progress bar when creating documents
- Auto load of task pane inside MS Office
Features - Admins
- Support for .xslm file format
- Upload and download of .zip files with metadata
- New feature for writing to document properties
- New feature for inserting texts in documents
- Libraries are automatically enabled when files are added to this
- Import of company data (addresses, disclaimers) from client web services
The UI of the web app have been upgraded:
- In-office now has larger buttons with explaining text
- New look in Image library
- Create document pop up with preview of slides
- New "manage user profiles" menu
- Improved handling of slide previews
- Load all images from external libraries
- Search in slides and slide elements
- Aspect ratio 4:3 and A4
See screenshots from the new look below:
Images - External libraries
Inside MS Office: PowerPoint
Inside MS Word
Inside MS Outlook
Inside MS Excel