Pre-requisutes: Add-ins 18.104.22.168
Enable email settings
Open the Email settings in the Configuration section:
1) The font settings for the email body.
2) Content for the campaign showing up above the email signature. Multiple campaigns can be set up.
3) Settings for the signature(s): for new mails and reply mails. It's possible to add several signatures to the same account.
4) Content for the campaigns, that will show up below the e-mail signature.
5) If the legal disclaimers should appear in the company's e-mails, they should be set up here.
Here you can choose the font, font size and the font color for new and reply emails separately. These font settings will be applied only to the body of the e-mails!
You can create more than one signature for your e-mails. Click on Create new in the Signatures sections, give the title for the signature.
Then write the html with inline styles to the new and reply signatures. The preview of the result is available. However, the images, for example the logo of the company are not visible in the previews.
Rules to follow creating the e-mail signature:
Lots of data for the signature the system takes from the data sources based on user profile. To show this kind of information, use the tagstrings between the html tags wherever it should be inserted according to the design of your signature.
- The name of the person, his/her title, email and mobile phone nr. are taken from the profile and vary depending on the user's choice. The tag string for these data will be %Profile.Variable%, where variable is the name of the field in Configuration-->Forms-->User Profile -->Fields.
- In case you want the e-mail signature to include the company's name, address, location, web and phone, the tag string will be of type %Profile.OFFICE.Variable%, where the OFFICE is the data source selection ID and the variable is the name of the column in this data source. For example, to display the company address you should write %Profile.OFFICE.address%.
TIP: If the data is not displayed correctly, check for the errors in the column names of the data source.
- To show the image in the signature, first upload the image in the Company data-->Company logos. Then insert the image title into the html, for ex. <img src="Linkedin_icon.png" />
- Indicate the domain(s) of your company in the Valid domains field and remember to click Save.
It's possible to create two types of campaigns: top (displaying above the signature) and bottom (displaying below the signature).
Both campaigns are created in the same way:
- click Create new in the Email settings under the required campaign type.
- insert the title of the campaign and the period when it will be held
- Edit the html using the same rules as for the e-mail signature
- insert the valid domain (s)
- click Save
Legal Disclaimers in Email
If the legal disclaimers should be displayed in your company e-mails, you can set them up through Email settings-->Disclaimers-->Create new
The system takes the disclaimer from the data source, that's why the tag string for it will be of the type %Profile.OFFICE.disclaimerEmail%, where the OFFICE is the data source selection ID and the disclaimerEmail is the column title in this data source.
By default the disclaimer will be added to the new emails, to activate it for the reply emails, tick the Show in reply emails check box.
Write the html for the disclaimer, including the correct tagstring, insert the domain and click Save.
DeleteIfEmpty in HTML
To delete specific lines/information if a value is emtpy, a comment can be added before the HTML code you want to delete of the following format <!--DeleteIfEmpty:%Profile.Variable%--> and an end-comment after the information <!--/DeleteIfEmpty-->.
Anything between the comment will be deleted if %Profile.Variable% is empty, if not it will be ignored. See the example below:
<p style='margin:0;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Georgia",serif'>Mobil: %Profile.Mobile%</p>