Prerequisites: Templafy Desktop, Add-ins 126.96.36.199 or higher.
Enable email signature
Go to Administraion > Settings:
1. Enable Templafy Desktop.
2. Enable Email Signature and save.
Open Email settings in the Configuration section:
1) Email signatures and settings for new and reply emails.
2) Content for the campaign above the email signature.
3) Content for the bottom campaigns, that can be set to show up below the e-mail signature.
4) Legal disclaimers.
5) Font settings for the email body.
Click on Create new in the Signatures sections and give your signature a name. Choose if the email should be applied to new emails, reply emails, or both. In the Valid for domains field, you can specify which users the signature should be available for.
Create or edit the signature content in the HTML editor with HTML markup and inline styles. Click on Edit HTML if the edior isn't visible. A preview of the signature is available below the editor. However, the images, for example company logos, are not visible in the previews.
You can create mutiple signatures for your emails.
Rules to follow creating the e-mail signature:
Lots of data for the signature the system takes from the data sources based on user profile. To show this kind of information, use the tagstrings between the html tags wherever it should be inserted according to the design of your signature.
- The name of the person, his/her title, email and mobile phone nr. are taken from the profile and vary depending on the user's choice. The tag string for these data will be %Profile.Variable%, where variable is the name of the field in Configuration-->Forms-->User Profile -->Fields.
- In case you want the e-mail signature to include the company's name, address, location, web and phone, the tag string will be of type %Profile.OFFICE.Variable%, where the OFFICE is the data source selection ID and the variable is the name of the column in this data source. For example, to display the company address you should write %Profile.OFFICE.address%.
TIP: If the data is not displayed correctly, check for the errors in the column names of the data source.
- To show the image in the signature, first upload the image in the Company data-->Company logos. Then insert the image title into the html, for ex. <img src="Linkedin_icon.png" />
- Indicate the domain(s) of your company in the Valid domains field and remember to click Save.
Delete HTML content if a placeholder is empty
If a value in a placeholder is empty, it can be convenient to delete the entire section. You can delete it by adding markup before and after the content.
<!--DeleteIfEmpty:%Profile.Variable%--> HTML Content <!--/DeleteIfEmpty-->.
Anything between the deleteIfEmpty-tags will be deleted if the %Profile.Variable% is empty. Otherwíse the tags will be ignored. See the example below:
<p style='margin:0;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Georgia",serif'>Mobil: %Profile.Mobile%</p>
It's possible to create two types of campaigns: top (displaying above the signature) and bottom (displaying below the signature).
Both campaigns are created in the same way:
- click Create new in the Email settings under the required campaign type.
- insert the title of the campaign and the period when it will be held
- Edit the html using the same rules as for the e-mail signature
- insert the valid domain (s)
- click Save
If the legal disclaimers should be displayed in your company e-mails, you can set them up through Email settings-->Disclaimers-->Create new
The system takes the disclaimer from the data source, that's why the tag string for it will be of the type %Profile.OFFICE.disclaimerEmail%, where the OFFICE is the data source selection ID and the disclaimerEmail is the column title in this data source.
By default the disclaimer will be added to the new emails, to activate it for the reply emails, tick the Show in reply emails check box.
Write the html for the disclaimer, including the correct tagstring, insert the domain and click Save.
Here you can choose the font, font size and the font color for new and reply emails separately. These font settings will be applied only to the body of the e-mails!