About the article
In this article you will learn what to do if you get the error message: "Browser version is not supported".
Sections in this article:
- 1. Error message
- 2. Cause
- 3. Solution
- 3.1 How to disable Compatibility View (Recommended option)
- 3.2 How to remove Templafy from Local intranet sites (Secondary option)
- 3.3 How to reset Internet Explorer browser settings to default (Last option)
1. Error message
This error occurs when Display intranet sites in Compatibility View is set in Internet Explorer.
To resolve the issue, either remove the checkmark in Display intranet sites in Compatibility View (Recommended), or remove *.templafy.com from trusted Local intranet sites.
3.1 How to disable Compatibility View (Recommended option)
3.1.1 Open Internet Explorer
3.1.2 Click the Cogwheel (Settings) > Click Compatibility View settings
3.1.3 Uncheck Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.
3.2 How to remove Templafy from Local intranet sites (Secondary option)
3.2.1 Go to Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet and choose Sites
3.2.2 In the Local intranet dialogue box choose Advanced
3.2.3 Remove *.templafy.com from the list of trusted Local Intranet websites.
3.3 How to reset Internet Explorer browser settings to default (Last option)
3.3.1 Select the Tools button, and then select Internet options
3.3.2 Select the Advanced tab, and then select Reset
3.3.3 In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, select Reset
3.3.4 When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, select Close, and then select OK
3.3.5 Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Another thing worthwhile checking, is if the user agent string is set to the highest version:
- In Internet Explorer, press F12.
- Click Emulation.
- Scroll down to the bottom in the window that opens, and check that the User Agent String is set to Internet Explorer 11 (Default):