About this article
This article is about troubleshooting missing add-ins in Office. The troubleshooting steps described reference Templafy VSTO add-ins, however the same steps can be used for the Templafy SlideProof add-in which is specific to PowerPoint.
Sections in this article:
- Check if Templafy add-ins are enabled in an Office application
- If the add-in is not enabled, please do so by clicking on the checkbox
- Check if load behavior is set to Load at startup
- Additional Slideproof troubleshooting
Check if Templafy add-ins are enabled in an Office application
- Open Com Add-ins
Path: Outlook/Word/PowerPoint > File > Options > Add-ins > Com Add-ins > GO
Look for Templafy Add-in.
Path: Excel > File > Options > Add-ins > select COM Add-ins from the Manage list > Go Look for Templafy Add-in
- If the add-in is enabled as below, toggle the checkbox to see if there is an error message in the bottom of the dialogue box where it says 'Load Behavior'. If the add-in is working correctly, it will display 'Load at Startup'.
Remove the add-in from Disabled items
- If the add-in is not in the list, go to 'disabled Items' as shown below to see if Templafy is listed there. If so, select it and hit Enable to see if the add-in now appears in the application.
Path: Outlook/Word/PowerPoint/Excel > File > Options > Add-ins > Disabled Items > GO.
Check if load behavior is set to Load at startup
- While Office applications are closed, open Windows Registry Editor
- Press Start and type RegEdit
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER and navigate to (change "Outlook" depending on Office application:
For the Templafy Slideproof add-in navigate to:
- LoadBehavior must be set to 3 (Load at startup) if it isn't ready
- After the above steps, open the affected Office Application to se if the Templafy add-in now loads
Additional Slideproof troubleshooting
- If the above steps do not work and Slideproof tools are still missing from the PowerPoint ribbon, there may be a problem with the office.dll file.
The location of this file is:
- An office.dll file from a known working machine could be used to replace the problem one in the above location. After doing so, please check if Slideproof now works.
- Alternatively, please uninstall Templafy and Microsoft Office, ensuring that the office.dll file in the above file location is also remove. If not, please manually delete it before installing Mircosoft Office and Templafy again.
"Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM add-in"
If this error is shown in Load Behavior for the Templafy add-in within the COM add-ins section of the Office application, there could be a number of reasons, issues with the prerequisites which might need to be repaired or re-installed to resolve this.
To troubleshoot this further please follow the steps to enable VSTO Display Alerts and after having done so, please open the Office application, navigate to come add-ins and try to toggle active the Templafy add-in after which, additional information should be displayed.
- Open System
- Click "Advanced system settings"
- Click "Environmental variables"
- Click "New"
- Type "VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS" in Variable name and "0" in Variable Value.