About this article
This article is about how to set up SCIM (automatic user provisioning) within the Okta Identity Provider.
- 1. Configure SCIM in Okta
- 2. Configure Provisioning Tab
- 3. Assign User or User Groups to the SCIM application
1. Configure SCIM in Okta
1. Login to your Okta Org as the Super Admin
2. Click the Admin button
3. Go to Applications > Applications > Select Browse App Catalog
4. Search for SCIM > Select SCIM 2.0 Test App (OAuth Bearer Token) > Add Integration
5. Add an Application label e.g. SCIM 2.0 Templafy App (OAuth Bearer Token) > Click Next
6. Confirm that the application username is update on creation and update and click Done
7. Got to Provisioning > Select Configure API Integration > Enable API Integration
8. Fill out the SCIM 2.0 Base Url and OAuth Bearer Token
- SCIM 2.0 Base Url format is - https://[templafytenantid].api.templafy.com/v1/scim/
- The Secret token is available when creating the SCIM API key in the Templafy tenant (support article about how to create the SCIM API key)
9. Click Test API Credentials to verify the configuration > Select Save
2. Configure Provisioning Tab
1. Within the provisioning tab select To App > Select Edit
2. Check the boxes for Create Users and Update User Attributes to enable that setting > Click Save.
3. Assign User or User Groups to the SCIM application
1. Open the previously created SCIM 2.0 application in Okta
2. Navigate to the Assignments tab
3. Click Assign > Assign to People or Assign to Groups
4. Search for the users and groups and assign them to the application.
5. The user will be than immediately and automatically synced to Templafy.