About this article
In this article, we will describe the actions required should Email signatures not appear in emails as expected. The article covers both signature VSTO and Web add-ins in Outlook app.
Templafy signature VSTO add-in
A new major version (version 9.0.0) of the Templafy signature VSTO add-in was promoted to Stable release track on Tuesday 16th January 2024. This included a change to how signatures are inserted into Emails. Release notes can be found here.
Where updates are automatically available for users, the next time Templafy Desktop checks for updates, version 9.0.0 Templafy signature VSTO add-ins will be downloaded.
This version may require users to follow the below steps:
1. Outlook app has to start/restart for version 9.0.0 to be installed.
2. Version 9.0.0 will set the default signature for new and for reply (external).
3. A notification for the user is displayed requesting for Outlook app to be restarted. Outlook app has to be restarted to ensure the Outlook app knows the default signatures to use.
If users are still experiencing problems, please have them run through the signature onboarding again.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Click on the Edit Email Signatures Templafy icon on the top left.
3. Click on the "Done" button.
Templafy signature Web add-ins
A bug fix was released on 18th January 2024 as a work around for a Microsoft issue related to special characters encoding not displaying correctly. The fix ensured that these characters are being shown correctly in signatures.
Where Templafy signature Web add-ins are being used in the Outlook app where users are seeing special characters not displaying correctly, Templafy recommendation is to restart the Outlook app.