About this article
This article will explain what data source selection ID is and give examples of how it's used.
- What is a Selection ID?
- Hardcoded Selection ID
- When to use a Selection ID
- When to use Selection ID in a tag string
- How to use Selection ID when using field based on other field
- Translate text (table-based)
What is a Selection ID?
A Data Source Selection ID is an ID (Name) assigned to a specific row in a Data source, to be able to refer to other columns in this exact row. (marked with yellow). No ID is needed when there is only one column in the data source of the drop down.
- A data source Selection ID is a reference to a specific row in a data source.
- It is used by plugins to identify what data to insert.
- The Selection ID is defined in a Form, except for the Offices and Translations plugin, which uses a hardcoded Selection ID. (For more information, see the end of this article).
- The use of a Data Source Selection ID converts all column names into names of bookmarks in the document.
Hardcoded Selection ID
- Plugin Insert data from office data source uses "OFFICE" (Case sensitive).
- Plugin Translate text (table-based) uses "DocumentLanguages" (Case sensitive).
When to use a Selection ID
The ID is chosen in the Form and you need to make a reference to this ID in the Plugin.
When to use Selection ID in a tag string
A tag string of three tags are needed when a form field has a dropdown. If the value needed by the plugin is in the column which the dropdown refers to, the tag string is:
If the data inserted by the plugin is in another column, then the second tag must be the second tag:
How to use Selection ID when using field based on other field
Selection ID must be assigned to the last field in Filter based on other field, as shown below:
Translate text (table-based)
For this plugin, data source selection ID must always be set to
DocumentLanguage in the form where languages are chosen.