What is a SelectionID?
- A Data Source SelectionID is a reference to a specific row in a data source.
- It is used by plugins to identify what data to insert.
- The SelectionID is defined in a Form, except for the Offices and Translations plugin, which uses a hardcoded SelectionID. (For more information, see the end of this article).
- The use of a Data Source Selection ID converts all column names into names of bookmarks in the document.
Note: Data Source Selection ID ONLY works in the "User Profile" Form (%Profile.SelectionID.Columnname%), and not in any document forms.
- Plugin Insert data from office data source uses "OFFICE" (Case sensitive).
- Plugin Translate text (table-based) uses "DocumentLanguages" (Case sensitive).
When to use a SelectionID:
When to use SelectionID in a tag string:
A tag string of three tags are needed when the Form field has a drop down.
If the value needed by the plugin is in the column that the drop down refers to, the tag string is:
If the data inserted by the plugin is in another column, then the second tag must be the second tag:
Where to enter SelectionID when using a "Field based on other Field" feature:
SelectionID must be assigned to the last "Field" in "Filter based on other field", as shown below.
Translate text (table-based):
For this plugin, Data Source Selection ID must always be set to "DocumentLanguage" in the form where languages are chosen.