What is a SelectionID
- A Data Source SelectionID is a reference to a specific row in a data source.
- It is used by plugins to identify what data to insert.
- The SelectionID is defined in a Form except for Offices and Translations plugin, which uses a hardcoded SelectionID. (see end of this article).
- Plugin Insert data from office data source uses "OFFICE" (Case sensitive).
- Plugin Translate text (table-based) uses "DocumentLanguages" (Case sensitive).
When to use a SelectionID
When to use SelectionID in a tag string
A tag string of three tags are needed when Form field has a drop down.
If the value needed by the plugin is in the column that the drop down refers to, the tag string is.
If the data inserted by the plugin is in another column, then the second tag must be the second tag.
Where to enter SelectionID when using "Field based on other Field" feature
SelectionID must be assigned to the last "Field" in "Filter based on other field".
Translate text (table-based)
For this plugin Data Source Selection ID must always be set to "DocumentLanguage" in the form where languages is chosen.