These are the known limitations when making templates for GoogleDrive, compared to making templates for Word.
What's possible with templates for GoogleDocs:
- Insert images and keep positions (all images must be inserted as inline images in a bookmark).
- Different header and footer on the first page.
- Align footer text to the bottom of the footer field.
What's possible with some workarounds:
- Apply colors.
- Make a colophon as part of a table.
- Use the 'All Caps' styles as a translation in table-based translation (or JSON).
What can't be done:
- Insert floating images.
- Have a colophon as an element.
- Have a Word formatted TOC.
- Apply a colortheme.
- Use MS Macrobuttons.
- Use 'All Caps' styles.
- Show/Hide shapes.
- Download text elements as Word docx.
- Download slide elements as PowerPoint pptx.