The TemplafyUpdater is a local client used for distributing the add-in files.
It handles all distribution of the add-in files to all the correct folders regardless of your Office version and installation language.
The only thing you need to do, is to install the TemplafyUpdater
How to install manually
The TemplafyUpdater is delivered as a standard MSI package consisting of an install.bat containing the parameters for the .msi
- Close all MS Office programs
- Run the the install.bat
- Run the TemplafyUpdater from the Windows start menu. (It'll run automatically at startup)
- A Templafy icon is now displayed in the Windows system tray.
- If you place the cursor over the icon it will display "Templafy Updater Running" while the MS add-ins are installed.
- Wait approximately 20-40 seconds until it displays "idle".
- Open Word, PowerPoint and you now have a custom tab with your company name. (In the example below it's a Templafy tab).
Installation via SCCM og GPO
The TemplafyUpdater can also be installed via SCCM or GPO. Just apply the parameters from the .bat file to the installation.