About this article
This article will explain how to use the backup and restore functionality, that can be accessed from the administration interface of a Templafy tenant.
Sections in this article:
How to back up
To backup, follow below steps:
1. Go to
Administration and select
Backup & restore from the left side administration panel.
3. Give the backup a name (this is optional, but can be useful when you want to reference back to this file)
5. The backup progress bar will start running.
How to restore
To restore, follow the below steps:
1. Navigate to the
Backup & restore tab and click on the restore icon, as shown below:
2. Confirm that you want to restore the selected backup by clicking
3. During restore, the Templafy account will be under maintenance and unavailable. This affects all levels of access, meaning no end-users will be able to access it. The following message will be displayed until the restore is complete.
Restore a backup on a different client
To restore a backup on another client, for example, from one Templafy subdomain to another, follow these steps:
1. Copy the backup link.
2. Go to the new client, and click
Transfer backup when the paste backup link appears in a pop-up window.
4. Your backup will appear shortly on the list of backups. Click the restore icon to restore.
What is backed up
- All files (documents, presentations, images, logos) uploaded to Templafy (complete BLOB storage)
- Client configuration stored in JSON, including:
- Data sources
- Desktop Packages (packages are copied over but nothing is set as, "Active")
Not included in the backup:
- In general, no user info is included.
- No UserProfiles.
- No SSO details from the Customer(JSON) are included
- Link to background image is not included.
- No settings are copied from