The admin platform has the ability to enable SuperAdmins to back up, or restore, functionalities.
To backup, follow these steps:
1. Under the administration heading, select the "Backup & restore" tab, then click "Backup now".
2. Give the backup a name (this is optional, but can be useful when referring back to).
3. The Backup progress bar will start running. Please note that all admin actions are locked during backup.
To restore the functionality, follow these steps:
1. Within the "Backup & Restore" tab, click the "restore" icon, as shown below.
2. Verify that you want to go forward with restore - this will overwrite everything on the client.
Important: Always verify that you are on the correct client subdomain (Check the URL before restoring).
3. The whole account is locked during a restore, for every level of access. This means no end-users will be able to access it. The following message will be displayed until the restore is complete.
Restore a backup on a different client
To restore a backup on another client, for example, from one Templafy subdomain to another, follow these steps:
1. Copy the backup link.
2. Go to the new client, and click "paste backup".
3. Click "Transfer backup" when the paste backup link appears in a pop-up window.
4. Your backup will appear shortly on the list of backups. Click the "restore" icon to restore.
The backup might not be at the top of the list if newer system backups exist.
The backup is not exported from the cloud, and is no longer downloaded to your PC. This means there are no longer size limits on this feature, and speed is increased by approx 9000%.
However, please note that the backup/restore still takes some time.
What is backed up:
- All files (documents, presentations, images, logos) uploaded to Templafy (complete BLOB storage.
- Client configuration stored in JSON
- Data sources
- Desktop Packages (packages are copied over but nothing is set as, "Active")
Why is this not included (by design)?
- In general, no user info is included.
- No UserProfiles.
- No SSO details from the Customer(JSON) are included.
- Link to background image is not included.
- No settings are copied from, "Settings"