About this article
This article offers an introduction to Templafy's resource libraries and guides you through the process of tagging different asset types. Tagging is a powerful tool, that will allow Users quick and easy access to content, without having to leave the application they are working in.
- You need to have Admin-rights to be able to add file tags
This article covers
- Tagging a file step by step
- Good to know when tagging Power Point Presentations
- How to download tags
Before we start
- Please note that the resource libraries are individual unities. Tags will hence only deliver search results, if added to files within the library where you are currently searching. If a word document has the tag called "about us", you won't find it if you are searching for that tag in the pictures library but you will if you are searching in the document library.
Tagging a file step by step:
Tagging your templates and resources is a great way of allowing Users to quickly and easily find the content they need. All templates and all resource libraries support tagging. If you use DAM integrations and the resources have tags, these will also be seen in Templafy.
To tag files access Templafy via the WebApp and please follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the 'Libraries' section of the WebApp, and select the correct asset type (document, presentation, slides, etc.)
2. Click on the chosen file to access the File Editor.
3. Add the tags to the 'Tags' bar, remembering to separate each one by entering a comma, and a space after the word.
4. Click 'Save', and you will see that your tags have been added.
5. To test if it worked, you can either enter the tag in the search field within the Admin interface, or open the Templafy library. Remember to search within the right asset category.
Good to know when tagging Power Point Presentations
As an Admin you can assign tags to all kind of files within different asset types by following the same process described above. However, there are some small details to take into consideration when assigning tags to Power Point Presentations:
1. Tags added to individual slides within the presentation will not deliver search results. If you want to make a certain slide available via tagging, you can add a tag to the tag bar at presentation level / upload the slide to the slide library and add the tags there
2. When you upload a PPT presentation, the slides in that presentation are not automatically synchronized with the slide library. You will instead have to manually update individual slides to the slide library
How tags work:
Tags can be extracted from the files by downloading the file as zip, which will include the files and a metadata.json file with the tags.
The tags are associated with each asset based on either file name or asset ID, e.g., if a Powerpoint slide has a tag and the slide is modified, the tag remains unchanged, but if the slide would be deleted and replaced by a new slide, the tags are deleted as well.
Templafy Partners can also "Enable automatic tagging of images using Azure Computer Vision" via the Admin Settings page - you can read more about it here.