The image library provides a collection of company approved images, which can be accessed from within Office applications.
Admins are able to upload images to the libraries through the WebApp.
Supported file types for image uploads are:
- jpg (bitmap)
- jpeg (bitmap)
- gif (bitmap)
- png (bitmap)
- svg* (vector-based)
*It will require VSTO version 220.127.116.115 or higher to use svg
Recommended settings for image uploads:
- jpg file type
- RGB color type
- 150dpi resolution
- file size of no more than 500KB.
Maximum image size:
If images are uploaded in larger sizes, they are automatically optimized for Office use when inserted via Templafy add-ins. Images are compressed to avoid file sizes becoming extremely large, whilst maintaining the quality, meaning that images are shown on a presentation screen in high definition still look great.
Images are compressed to below 2000 x 2000 pixels, and less than 500 KB in size.
Image support per application:
- WebApp: Bitmap and vector-based images are supported
- VSTO AddIn in Office 2016: Bitmap and vector-based images are supported
- VSTO AddIn in Office 2013 + Office 2010: Bitmap supported
- Web AddIns: Bitmap supported
How to upload an image:
1. Navigate to the ’Libraries’ section of the WebApp, and select the ‘Images’ folder.
2. Ensure you are in the desired folder destination and click ’Upload’.
3. Either drag and drop the chosen image file onto the grey area, or click within the grey area, and select the image file from your computer.
4. When the green tick appears, your image has been successfully uploaded and is now able to be used in documents by all the members of your company.