This plugin can insert a text based on one or more filters into a document or a presentation. Language is a fixed filter and other filters such as "department" or "audience" can be added according to need.
The plugin is often used to insert legal texts based on the specific office, country and language of the user.
The plugin can insert text into a bookmark or a shape.
The plugin needs a corresponding data source that contains the text that is to be inserted as well as the filters.
How to configure
- Enter configuration name (Optional)
- Leave this field empty
- Choose corresponding data source from drop down. (You need make the data source first)
- Click "New field" to the add a row in the Data section. In this example two rows have been created. Each row works as a filter
- Choose filter column from data source
- Enter tag string that points to where the user makes the choices that are used as filters.
- Repeat step 5
- Repeat step 6
- Enter fall-back language code (IANA) e.g. en-GB. Language is a fixed filter in this plugin. If language is missing from the data source the language code (IANA) entered here will be used.
- Enter destination prefix (Optional)
Below is an example of a corresponding data source
- Enter "destinationName" in this column
- This is the fixed filter based on language. Enter IANA code that matches the language of the text to be inserted.
- The text in these fields will be inserted in the template
- This is the first added filter column
- This is the second added filter column
In this example the text "Internal use only" is inserted based on the users choice of "language" and "office" from the user profile and "audience" from the form assigned to the specific template.
In this case the values "en-gb", "Internal" and "London" singles out the text that will be inserted.