This plugin allows end-users to change document setup and margins in Wordprocessing documents, usingn only one template. The measurements can be defined in absolute values, which will make the plugin´s work static, OR it can define a destination with a data source, which will make it dynamic.
This article will investigate two key scenarios:
1. Dropdown menu for the end-user every time he/she chooses to download a template (New form- new data source)
2. Template format according to end-user´s language (user profile- DocumentLanguages data source).
NOTE: Template page setup could also be changed according to the end-user's country (user profile- Office data source). It is done in the same manner as Scenario 2.
1. Choose plugin configurations name (A).
2. Leave the box ticked only for Documents (B).
3. Choose the right plugin type (C).
4. If you keep the boxes unticked- the setup will be static and the margins will be predetermined in Margin fields (D).
If you decide to leave the check box unticked and you leave some fields empty- the plugin will leave the document margins as it is.
5. In the Paper section you have the ability to set the Orientation (E) and the Paper size (F)- both from the dropdown menu (G) OR in absolute values (H) (customized values can be defined only when choosing static content).
6. In the Layout section you can define header and the footer (I).
Scenario 1: Dropdown menu
1. Go to Company data and create/add a new data source.
2. Note that all the red fields can be represented as columns in the data source.
3. PaperSize column represents different sizes/formats of the documents, which will be automatically recognized by the plugin and Word (A).
If you decide to have this column, use exactly the same names presented in the previous dropdown menu: picture 2- G.
4. The other columns represents the margins that will be used in the given paper size by the plugin.
1. Create a new form.
2. Choose the appropriate Label (A).
3. Choose the corresponding Data Source (B) and the Dropdown type (C).
1. Add the data sources. Since we are dealing with a form, which will be assigned to a document, it starts with Document, the second word stands from field name, which in this case was Papersize, the third word stand for the column names. Here's the result:
Assign the form and the plugin to the template.
Scenario 2: Paper size based on user language
1. Find the DocumentLanguage data source (A, B)
2. Add an additional column to to determine paper size, margins etc (C).
The corresponding form will be User profile (A) and the DocumentLanguage (B) will be used as field name in plugin configuration.
Note: since we edited existing data source, we don't need to make anymore changes in here.
1. Create a new plugin configurations. Since in this case, you defined only Paper size,- refer to that only (A).
So now, the Page size will be based on the language you have selected in the user profile.