How does it work?
Client Admins can determine, on a folder level, which templates and assets should be made available offline. All files in these folders are then synchronized to the end-user's PC by the Templafy Desktop client.
The offline feature can also be targeted at specific user groups inside the organisation.
Offline files download location
Offline files are always downloaded to %LocalAppData\Templafy\OfflineContent.
If the internet connection is interrupted while synchronizing, the files already downloaded to the ~OfflineContent folder will still be used when the synchronization resumes.
Logic to determine to go offline
1. When the Templafy Task pane starts, it will try to make a call to [tenant].templafy.com. If successful, it knows it is online and will open Templafy in online mode. If not, it will start Templafy in offline mode.
2. When a user is navigating the Templafy user interface, and Templafy gets a “not online” status code, then Templafy shows 'Switch to Offline mode'.
3. If the user goes to 'settings' and selects 'Go offline', Templafy saves a 'ForceOffline' flag to the registry, and then step 1 & 2 are skipped.
For all this to work Offline content must be synchronized and available for the end user (this is why we have a `%localappdata%\Templafy\OfflineContent` folder).
When synchronizing content to the end-user's PC, the Templafy Desktop carefully manages not to overload the client network via network throttling.
Pre-requisites for working offline
- Templafy Desktop version 126.96.36.1992 or higher.
- Add-in version 188.8.131.520 or higher.
- Offline feature enabled by Templafy implementation partner.
- Template folders marked as 'available offline' by client organization Admins.