Occasionally, the Templafy task pane may not appear in MS Office programs.
There are two common reasons for why this may happen:
1. Add-ins are not installed.
2. Add-ins are not enabled.
An add-in is used to integrate the Templafy task pane in MS Office programs, therefore if add-ins are not installed or enabled, the task pane will not appear.
To check if the add-in is installed:
1. Check if the Templafy icon is visible in the Systemtray, which is located on the bottom right hand corner of the computer desktop, by the time and date.
2. Check for the application in the Control Panel of your computer, in the 'Programs and Features' section.
If the add-in does not appear in any of the above then it has not been correctly installed, and will need to be re-installed.
To check if add-ins are enabled:
1. In a Microsoft Office Program, choose 'Options' from the 'File' button.
2. Choose 'Add-ins' from the pop-up box which appears.
3. Select COM Add-ins from the drop down menu at the bottom of the pop-up box, and click 'Go'.
4. Ensure that both Templafy and Office Extensions are enabled, or enable them by using the tick box.
In some cases, Office Extensions may end up as Disabled Application Add-ins. This is uncommon, but can occur. It is fixed by following the below steps:
1. Navigate to the 'Options' menu within the 'File' heading in an MS Office program.
2. Select add-ins on the side panel, and then select 'Disabled items' in the drop down menu.
3. Office Extensions will appear in the pop-up box of Diabled Items. Select 'Enable', and it will be enabled.
4. Office Extensions can now be activated through choosing the COM Add-ins option, as described above.