220.127.116.115 June 27th 2019
Document Update fails on InsertDocumentIntoContentControlTransformationStep with Value out of range exception
We had a bug which meant we couldn't replace text elements in headers and footers when doing DCU. This issue has been fixed, but it requires a new VSTO version for our customers to get the fix. No changes or actions are required by our users or customers, they just need to update their VSTO add-in.
18.104.22.1682 June 27th 2019
Periodic check time for Email Signature changes is incorrect
In VSTO release 22.214.171.1247 the periodic check for email signatures was set to an incorrect value, so the check was done less frequent than intended. This has now been corrected.
126.96.36.1995 June 27th 2019
Support SVG images in image library
Our current image library supports many different image formats of so called bitmap images like Jpeg, Png and Gif. Many of our customers are however also using so called vector files for icons and logos, since these can be scaled indefinitely. The most popular of these vector-based image formats is SVG.
To support the many customer requests about icons in the image library, from today on, we support the SVG file format in the image library.
SVG is still a relatively new format, meaning that not all platforms support SVG yet. When the image library is used on a platform, that doesn't support SVG, then we will convert it to PNG when inserting.
The known support per application is:
VSTO AddIn in Office 2016: SVG
VSTO AddIn in Office 2013 + Office 2010: PNG
Web AddIns: PNG
This feature requires VSTO version 188.8.131.525 - for older versions we will show an error message to the user if he/she tries to insert an SVG.
Extract Email Signatures Add-ins from Office VSTO add-ins
This is the first step for distributing Email signature and Library add-ins separately and by user group.
The goal of this step is to create a new VSTO add-in for Outlook, the Email Signature Add-in, that only contains the email signature and email font generation functionalities.
This story is restricted to code changes and does not yet publish this new Email Signature add-in, leaving the deployment package to only contain the existing VSTO add-in package.
The CI/CD pipeline to generate the new VSTO package will be covered in upcoming stories, when we will also remove the email signature functionality from the current Outlook VSTO add-in.
184.108.40.2067 June 25th 2019
Dropdowns are not filled with values from Document when using DCU
We had a bug in document content update consisting of dropdown fields not being populated with form values extracted from the document. We fixed this issue by setting these dropdowns to values extracted from document content in the same way we set text fields.
220.127.116.116 June 24th 2019
Improve detection of Outlook accounts
For some integrated Outlook profiles the signatures were not generated because the profile was not being detected and instead a warning message was displayed: "No email signatures found for your Outlook Accounts". We improved the detection of Outlook accounts.
18.104.22.1681 June 20th 2019
Support Update for Custom Document Properties in spreadsheets
We recently created the infrastructure to support DCU for Excel. With that available we could make Custom Document Properties work with DCU too, which will require the new Dynamics Version 1.9.
Decouple VSTO specific logic from business logic
This is a technical task which improved the quality of our source code and did not change the behaviour of the VSTO Add-in. As part of this task, we decoupled VSTO specific logic (e.g. retrieving document data) from business logic related to the extraction of form values in update modal. This decoupling will facilitate developers to implement automated tests and thus, overall increase velocity in future sprints.
22.214.171.1243 June 18th 2019
Replace HeaderFooter integration tests with unit tests
We have improved our test code for a feature which we shipped recently. The new tests allow us to have better maintainable code with less duplication and less possible mistakes in the future.
This task is related to changes in Dynamics, in particular, changes in the Dynamics applier SetHeaderFooter for version 1.8. However, the changes do not change behaviour.
126.96.36.1999 June 17th 2019
Support Dynamics for headers and footer on all worksheets
Dynamics headers and footer feature was something we already had, and now it applies it to all worksheets.
These does not need any changes to template configuration nor the tenant settings.
We slightly changing the contract but we will not bump the dynamic version because it has not been deployed to any customer.
188.8.131.525 June 14th 2019
Get form bindings from properties fails on non-binding values
We had a bug where DCU stopped working if a custom document property or document property were set through Dynamics to a value that didn't contain any bindings. This has now been fixed, so that it's possible to do DCU on templates where static values are set for the document properties through Dynamics.
184.108.40.2061 June 11th 2019
Support Dynamics for headers and footer on document update
Dynamic headers and footer were already available on creation, and now when DCU is supported on spreadsheets we could complete the feature by making updates working as well.
This feature works with Dynamic 1.8 which is available for the first time in this release (requires VSTO release).
Templafy ribbon available in Outlook/Calendar for appointment/meeting requests
Templafy is now also present in Outlook Calendar appointment/meeting requests. It has the same functionality we have when sending regular emails. On the ribbon, the Templafy button appears and when clicked the task pane opens. From the task pane you can insert Text Elements, attach PDFs or use Images from Templafy or DAM integrations.
Get update form values from document properties (custom + core file + extended)
We changed the behaviour of form values in the update document content (DCU) modal. Now we populate form fields with values from document properties (built-in and custom), which allows us to better integrate with external systems that might change documents. For example, if an external system changes any document property, we show that new value in the update form, instead of the original value (the one used when creating the document).
This feature works only with simple bindings (meaning single binding without other text). Moreover, if the same binding appears in multiple places, we extract values in the following priority:
- Custom document properties
- Core file properties + extended properties
- Content controls
- Original form value
DCU is not working in Offline in Excel
We have previously created the infrastructure to support DCU in Excel. However, this feature was failing in the offline mode due to missing implementation. We now support DCU in offline for Spreadsheets.
Admins don't have to change any existing templates.
We support all DCU enabled templates (in Excel that's dynamics version 1.6 or higher).
220.127.116.114 May 31st, 2019
Support Dynamics offline for header and footer
Supports Dynamics for headers and footers in Excel. This means that the templates created in Templafy Designer can be configured to include or replace some of the following additional data:
all pages headers and footer
first page headers and footer
even / odd pages headers and footer
Each of these can be further configured to set:
Limitation: The headers and footers configuration through Dynamics is supported only for the first sheet in Excel. When configuring in Template Designer consider that templates which already have header/footer for all pages you cannot configure headers/footers for odd and even pages (even though this is allowed in the UI of Template Designer). This limitation is valid also the other way around.
Note: Document Content Updater (DCU) is not supported in this version. This will require new VSTO release in future.
Offline mode is supported in this version of VSTO.
18.104.22.1682 May 29th, 2019
Create Document Content Updater infrastructure in Spreadsheets
The infrastructure for Document Content Updater in Spreadsheets is the first step of upcoming stories where we will support DCU on document level configurations. However, for now, we allow updating only a few select Templafy custom document properties (e.g. TemplafyLanguageCode) and updating other Dynamics features will come in a future release.
Previously it was not possible to upload templates with DCU enabled in Spreadsheets Library. Now we allow DCU enabled templates if their version is 1.6 or higher.
This feature also requires the add-in to be updated to the latest version.
Support Dynamics for core file properties (Document Properties)
Templafy Admins can configure document properties through Dynamics in Template Designer for Word, PowerPoint and Excel. This means that document metadata such as the Title, Subject, Author, Manager, Company, Category, Keywords, Comments and Hyperlink Base can be dynamic and for example contain bindings. The document properties can also be multi-line text.
The dynamics part works on document creation, DCU and offline.
NOTE: DCU support for Excel will be available in a later release.
22.214.171.1243 May 27th, 2019
Excel background process never ends
When inserting an Excel object into Word, there is an Excel process generated on the background. Such a process would not close if Templafy add-ins were enabled, because Templafy would load the task pane on the embedded Excel instance, hence, impeding it from ending. Down the line, this was causing some issues with some 3rd party tools for Excel.
We have now made sure that the task pane will not be opened in those scenarios.
126.96.36.1998 May 15th, 2019
Support Dynamics for core file properties
Templafy Admins can configure document properties through Dynamics in Template Designer for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. This means that document metadata such as the Title, Subject, Author, Manager, Company, Category, Keywords, Comments, and Hyperlink Base can be dynamic and for example contain bindings. The document properties can also be multi-line text.
The dynamics part works on document creation, DCU and offline.
NOTE: This functionality requires Dynamics version 1.6 but that will only be available on a later release.
188.8.131.525 May 10th, 2019
Add-ins authentication throws script error for Google Authentication
Customers using Google authentication were experiencing script errors when signing in because script errors would first be suppressed after a successful sign in. This was done to support potential proxy prompting, because the webbrowser hosted inside Office would treat proxy authentication as a script error.
To alleviate this, the sign in will now suppress any non-proxy script errors, unless ShowScriptErrors is explicitly set to true.The behavior of the ShowScriptErrors registry entry has not been changed.
Update document does not apply visibility options on bindings in the master (Powerpoint)
This issue was related to presentations with bindings on the slide master only. In some cases, bindings to images that also had the visibility setting configured would behave incorrectly, when using the Document Content Updater. Depending on the visibility configuration, it caused images to be visible when they should actually have been hidden. This visibility settings will now be correctly applied to slide masters when using the Document Content Updater. This fix will not require changes in templates, and will work on both new and existing templates.
Text emelent is not replaced
There was an issue where text elements were not replaced when using Document Content Updater in Word, even though the "replaceOnUpdate" flag was properly checked. This caused the document to never have its dynamics text elements replaced. The error should now be resolved by getting the newest version of the VSTO add-in, and will work for both new and existing documents.
DMS fails when template contains multiple sections
We experienced a problem in the DMS flow when the template in Templafy contained section breaks meaning that the update flow would break, and the document would not be updated properly.
This was due to the fact that some settings related to headers and footers were not set when the template contained multiple sections. We now do a check that the values are set before trying to set them.
184.108.40.2061 May 7th 2019
Outlook add-in: option to attach PDF
Previously, it was not possible to use the PDF library content other than in the browser. We have added the PDFs library to the Outlook VSTO Add-ins, and PDFs can be inserted as attachments to emails. To have this feature available, it needs to be enabled in Templafy Admin settings page and a Add-ins VSTO version of at least 5.6.x.x.
Enabling this feature must be done by implementation partners, as they have access to the settings.
Set CustomXML part through Dynamics at document creation
It is now possible to attach one or more custom XML parts to a template. Admins can add one or multiple custom XML configurations in Templafy Designer > Document tab.
Admins can add a name for each custom XML part. The custom XML itself can either be static or contain bindings, allowing for even more dynamic metadata. The custom XML must be valid and written on 1 line.
When creating a document, the Dynamics pipeline adds custom XML, which can be useful for storing document metadata or other custom functionality.
The feature is only available when creating a document and will work for documents, presentations, and spreadsheets. To use this feature, the tenant must upgrade the dynamics version to 1.5 in the Admin Center and use a compatible VSTO Add-in. Support for Document Content Updater will come in a later release.
220.127.116.113 April 25th 2019
Improve data collected to application insights
We have added more telemetry data when tracking UseAsset such as DestinationSlideId and DestinationTemplateId. DestinationSlideId corresponds to the slide id of the slide where an asset is inserted, while DestinationTemplateId is the id of the template of the presentation/document. If no SlideId is available no value is logged fx. Word, Excel, Slides with no template configuration. This will now appear in Application Insights custom events.
Templafy Designer improvements
New settings tab
Improved Templafy Designer now have replaced teh "JSON" tab with a "Settings" tab which contains visual options for editing relevant parts of the template configuration. The user can now toggle the "Document Content Updater" feature and select the "Dynamics Version" of the template from a dropdown. The option to view and edit the template and form configuration in JSON format is still available when selecting the "Advanced Configuration".
Enable a document as a template
Previously, users had to load and save a template configuration to create a template. These steps were necessary before users could start working with the template (e.g. adding element configurations). We improved and automated the way we enable templates so users can start editing templates right away.
Now users can enable documents as templates in three different ways:
Manually, by toggling on the "Enable as Template" option in the "Settings" tab.
Automatically, by creating an element configuration
Automatically, by creating a document configuration
All three methods add a default template and form configuration to the document.
Convert template to regular document
This feature is beneficial because it allows users to convert a template or a document with a template configuration back to a regular document. By doing this, users remove all template, form and slide configurations, as well as all Templafy document properties. Previously, this was not possible because creating a template was a one-way process.
The new changes are compatible with older versions of VstoAddins. However, there are some notable differences.
In VstoAddins versions older than 18.104.22.168 the document is automatically enabled as a template when the user opens the Templafy Designer.
Besides this, VstoAddins versions older than 22.214.171.124 do not support converting to a regular document.
126.96.36.1995 - March 18th 2019
Fixed error in JSON config file in Templafy Desktop poackage where '"createCustomTab": false,' from "AddInConfiguration.json" a creates tab anyway
Undo "Insert asset" in Word does not work
When we were inserting assets(example: Text elements or Images) in Word with Templafy we were creating many undo actions that confused the end user. We now create only one action called "Undo Image Insertion" and "Undo Text elements Insertion".
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error thrown when attempting to use DCU on a presentation after adding a slide
When using DCU, we had an issue with slides inserted which were not Dynamics enabled slides. Such slides could be inserted from the slide library or pasted from another presentation. Such slides would cause our VSTO add-ins to throw an exception, making DCU not work.
Non-Dynamics slides no longer cause DCU to stop working.
188.8.131.525 - February 26th 2019
- Support for group bindings for row level content controls in Word
Row level bindings are now supported when choosing a group binding in the template designer, while all other bindings will be blocked by displaying a message to the user. Since these changes will be available in the template designer, tenants need to update their VSTO add-in to the newest version. If a user modifies an existing disallowed row level binding, the binding will be removed and the user will be notified that the binding is not supported.
- Show all folders that the combination of all user profiles have access to
With this release we are showing all assets and folders that might be relevant to me based on my user profiles. This means that we show assets that any of the user's user profiles give access to. AN example of this would be a person that works in both the US and Danish office and therefore have user profiles accordingly to that. He/she will now see a combined view of the assets filtered to either the Danish or the US office.
In case an assets is filtered to only be valid for the Danish office, all other user profiles which are not valid for the asset will be disabled. This way it should not be possible to create documents with a wrong user profile
- SetPaperSizeTransformationStep fails on DCU as Word reports This command is not available
In this specific case, Document Content Updater (DCU) was unable to update a document, due to some special set up in the template. Even though the "Set Paper Size" transformation configuration in the specific template was not set up to change the orientation of the pages, the updater would still set the orientation of all pages, but to the same value as it already was. Because of the special section, Microsoft Word returned an error, and this aborted the whole update.
- User profile bindings are not updated when DCU-ing after updating with DCV
After completing the Validation (DCV) flow in a presentation the user profile bindings on the DCV enabled slides were lost. This caused a bug when users attempted to update the document (DCU) because the user profile bindings on the DCV enabled slides failed to update. The users need the latest Vsto Add-ins in order to get this fix.
- Document update failed message
Corrected the error message that Templafy VSTO Add-in displays when the document update fails due to a change in the Dynamics version.
- Issue where offline folders were not show if "system" filters was applied
184.108.40.2066 - January 15th 2019
- Support for "Escape" key when trying to close down a modal view like the document creator or the user profile editor. If there are multiple modals opened, they will be closed one by one by pressing the "Escape" key. This works for all modal views on our platform.
- Support for keyboard shortcuts in dropdowns so that a user can navigate and scroll to a specific option by typing the starting letters of the label. For example, if the user types in "De" and there is a dropdown option with the label "Denmark" somewhere out of the available space, it will scroll down and highlight it. This works whenever the dropdown is in focus, even if it is or not expanded
- Fixed links in the app menu on the client application as well as menu items in the admin center so that they all work with mouse-wheel click, control click and right-click > open in new tab options
- Fixed navigation history to now properly use the back and forward buttons in the browser.
Validator for PowerPoint slides - Make DCU work on DCV enabled slides
This feature enables presentations that have Document Content Validator (DCV) enabled for one or more slides, so that it is now possible to use do Document Content Updater (DCU) on all slides no matter if they DCV enabled or not.
DCU doesn't update images on the master
Fixed issue where using Document Content Updater (DCU) in PowerPoint on bindings on a Slidemaster would not be updated. This would work fine when creating a document, but the update functionality failed to apply on the slide master. This issue was also present on Document Content Validator (DCV) enabled slides. Both scenarios have been resolved - existing documents (and new ones) should now be able to do update with DCU once the client has received this update. No additional changes are required for existing documents, and the feature will also work when in offline mode.
DCU supported for documents created via DMS
Now it is possible to use DCU enabled templates created through DMS.
Text in content control disappears after document is updated via DCU
220.127.116.117 - December 6th 2018
Make Templafy and SlideProof mutually exclusive
When both SlideProof and Templafy VSTO Add-ins are installed and both of them were opened at the same time they consumed much of the users screen. For fixing this we made sure that only one of them can be opened at a time. So if we open Templafy task pane SlideProof task pane will be closed and the other way around.
Allow multiple "undo" actions when inserting multiple items from library in PowerPoint
We have improved the "undo" functionality by adding a single step when inserting a new slide or a new slide element in Templafy.
Insertion of Text Elements in VSTO will clear shapes in headers of the "Default Page".
To prevent this we check if the header is empty and insert a blank space while inserting the file.
In this release we always insert Text Elements in a separate paragraph. Because we now always start by creating a blank paragraph, we also solved an issue where Word was importing the header from the file being inserted. This change is in both Word and Outlook.
Insertion of Text Element into Content Control doesn't remove the custom text in content control.
This fix ensures that the default helper text is removed during the document creation when processing content controls.
Window pop up when updating email signature.
If the user had third party VSTO Add-ins installed for word which displayed prompt messages when word was starting then these could cause failure of the email signature generation. Signature generation could only continue if the user located the prompt and acknowledged it. This is now fixed by disabling for a very short period all the VSTO Add-ins for word, starting word application in invisible mode and re enabling the VSTO Add-ins. Since this happens almost instantly we don't expect it to have any side effects on using word with third party Add-ins. Enabling, disabling VSTO Add-ins should never fail, however if by any chance it does then it is configured so we receive a message in our slack error channel. This feature is not enabled by default, we need to set the following registry key to enable it: DisableAllAddinsOnRtfConversion=true, under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Templafy\OfficeAddIns.
18.104.22.1682 - November 9th 2018
Apply Color Theme
Color themes uploaded in Templafy can now be used in dynamic templates.
Requires "Supported transformation version" 1.3 or higher.
Bynder DAM integration now supports OAuth1 login flow
Bynder DAM integration supports personalized images instead of common content for all users. A user can authenticate via OAuth1 login flow and have a content different from the default provided by Bynder for the account. An administrator can activate the option from the Templafy Admin panel. When this is done, all user will see a login notification bar in the bottom of the Bynder library in the Templafy VSTO plugin. Once clicked it will open a native window pop-up which will require the user to authenticate inside the Bynder portal. The same option is accessible from the "Settings" menu in the top-right corner in Templafy VSTO plugin. The users can also choose to disconnect from the personalized content by choosing "Disconnect" from the "Settings" menu.
Bynder DAM integration with the enabled OAuth1 authentication option. Additional user rights management on the Bynder portal (in order to show personalized content).
Bug fix: PowerPoint with multiple master layouts will only get slides from the first master layout updated when using DCU
FIxed an error where bindings where only updated on the first master slide, when updating using Document Content Updater (DCU). DCU now correctly updates on all master slides.
Bug fix: Asset Insertion doesn't work with DAMs that only support TLS1.2
Our Add-ins did not work with remote services that has blocked support for older security protocol standards (less than TLS 1.2).
To fix this we changed the add-in to by default use the newest security protocol standard (TLS 1.2) and fallback to older versions (1.1 and 1.0).
22.214.171.1246 - October 10th 2018
DCV for PowerPoint Slides
This is the first version of our Document Content Validation for slides. With the Document Content Validation feature we keep track of all slides enabled for validation to make sure that they will stay up to date even after they have been created.
This will make it possible for company admins to ensure that all produced presentations will always be up to date with the latest company standards.
Also, we make sure that all slides and presentations that are controlled by the company is locked, and therefore cannot be changed by the user.
This first version is still in beta state.Pre-requisites
- Transformation version 1.2
- Bug fix: Support for special characters in email signature with plain text
- Bug fix: In PowerPoint VSTO Addins the shapes with image bindings no longer lose their names and order when DCU (Document Content Update) action is performed
- Convenience filters on folders are now also handled on offline mode
- Convenience filters are now synchronized to offline mode
- The custom document property TemplafyExternalSystem is now removed completely when a DMS has been completed
126.96.36.1991 - September 6th 2018
- Logout functionality: The log out button has been added to the current version of the VSTO add-ins. If the user is on a computer that does not have seamless SSO (i.e. a private computer with Templafy Desktop) (s)he can try to log in with another user.
- Bug fix: Support for special characters in email signature with plain text. Plain text email signatures for Outlook didn't support certain special characters.
- Bug fix: Breadcrumbs related issues. Breadcrumbs display names of folders reflect the real folder names.
- Bug fix: Failed to create signatures if profile values are too long. Fixed a bug where a user with a very long Windows profile name and Templafy user profile name would be unable to install Email Signatures locally due to a maximum path length restriction in Windows.
188.8.131.526 - August 15th 2018
- Templafy Designer: Validation that Content Controls are set on block/pararaph level for TextElement insertion
- Templafy Designer: Insert image header with "Numbered Sections" now take precedence over "Named Sections", if "Numbered Sections" is used
- Offline mode can now only be initialized when all offline content have been downloaded
- Ensured that previews are always shown when switching from offline to online
- Values from dropdown that are filtered on other dropdowns are now kept when updating the document
- Text Elements will now only show up in Word/Outlook if they can be inserted (No longer shows Text Elements used for dynamic insertion)
These Add-ins must be used with new Templafy Desktop 1.7.0.x
- Performance improvement. Only sign-in once a day - speedup loading Templafy in Office Apps
In this release we made substantial performance optimizations when staring the Task Pane. This is done by having Templafy Desktop do an invisible SSO signin in the background every 24 hours. If a successful SSO is completed we don't have to sign in when starting the Task Pane, which can be rather slow. This performance optimization requires minimum Templafy Desktop
- Support for transformation version 1.1
- Offline support for Excel templates
- Support for binding function "ticks"
- Initialise DMS dialog from 3rd party code
- Option to Insert Text Element into Content Controls based on dynamic data like user profile/data sources
- Support for transformation configuration called "Page setup" It allows for changing margins, page size, orientation and more, and it works with offline and DCU.
- Comboboxes are now fully supported as part of DCU and in offline.
- Bug fix: Issue with images inserted into content/picture placeholders in PowerPoint were not in crop mode and did remove other placeholders of the same type on the slide.
- Bug fix: Add-ins show white taskpane after an exception is triggered when Update Document is used.
- Allow Outlook to run only email signatures even when no libraries are enabled.
- Bug fix: If an Outlook account was renamed we were unable to find the matching registry entry which is needed to retrieve the default email signatures. So the email signature feature would be unavailable in this situation.
- Option in "Settings" menu in the add-ins to force Templafy to use offline mode.
184.108.40.2066 (Use this to get latest features in Template Designer.)
- Support latest features in the Template Designer.
- Support for combo box fields (a dual purpose field in a form, that can be both a drop down or a free text field)
- Optimized compression for images inserted via add-ins (Templafy image library and external DAM libraries.
- Offline webapp artifacts included in VSTO addins rather than a separate package
- Support for "Calculated Default Values" in Forms
- Improved handling of Offline mode in Word
- On boarding flow removed from add-ins (on boarding flow is handled by the Templafy Desktop)
- Template Designer - create dynamic templates directly from MS Office with a graphic user interface that lets you add dynamic fields (content controls) and metadata to the template.
- Improved event log handling
- Document content update enabled (DCU)
- Offline enabled
- Fixed Outlook VSTO display date bug
- Email Signature enhancements
- Minor UI fixes for high reolution displays
- Email Signature performance improvements
- Support for DMS: WorkZone
- Added VSTO Events
- Minor bug fixes
- Email Signature bug fixes
- Fixed issue with "No email accounts found" even though email is correctly setup
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed the delay when searching for User Profiles
- Email Signature enhancements/bug fixes
- DMS improvements
- UI bug fixes
- New architecture
- Requires Templafy Desktop to be installed
Discontinued from October 1st 2019
- Minor Email Signature bug fixes
- Minor Email Signature improvements
- RTF/TXT support
- Inserting Tables as embedded Excel Spreadsheets in Word now works properly
- Fix borders and aspect ratio for the Outlook onboarding modal
- Fix onboarding flow always opening by correctly locate the default profile name in registry
- Periodic check for new signatures while Outlook is running. Campaigns are now applied with the users local timezone.
- Email signatures support for Outlook 2016 upgraded from Outlook 2013
- Outlook is no longer required to restart after setting up the email-signature.
- DMS bug fix: restore clipboard data after DMS update
- Works with Authentication URL in RegEdit
- Added Outlook Signature onboarding flow
- Added DMS integration to PowerPoint
- Fixed minor bugs with DMS integration
- DMS integration can now merge ContentControls if they are locked
- Added feature "Outlook signature"
- Optimized DMS integrations
- Images from DAM-integrations will now be compressed upon insertion (X*720)
- Fixed issue with syncing ContentControls in headers from DMS-documents
- Added feature "integration to DMS systems" (Word)
- Improved logging for better for troubleshooting.
- Improved loader of task pane. Now shows progress instead of blank task pane.
- This version or greater is a pre-requisite for running the new version of the Templafy WebApp
- Enabled the new WebApp (SPA)
- Changed the way new documents are created
- Save/Close popups now use Native Office dialogues (will show in Office installation language)
- Changed the way assets (Images, Slides etc.) are inserted into documents
- Better logging
- Better handling of connections with proxy
- Taskpane will now automatically open when starting Word or Powerpoint
- Added addins for Excel
- Added addins for Outlook
- Signed with new SHA256 certificate (Office Extensions)
- Text Library insertion won't add additional linebreaks
All Office applications
- All Add-ins are now based on Office Extensions Alloy framework to support easy configuration of ribbon and faster load times when opening an Office application.
- Templafy is now automatically shown in the Office Task pane when a user
- Opens an Office application.
- Opens a document that was previously generated by Templafy.
- Simplified ribbon layout. There is only one basic Templafy button on the ribbon:
- One Corporate Template button to open Templafy in the Office Task pane (now "Open Tempalfy).
- Library buttons have been removed as they are available in the Templafy task pane
- The Templafy Button have been added to the Home Tab in Office.
- Favorites and Tags are now supported in the UI in Office Add-ins:
- A user can click the star icon to favorite a template.
- A user can see what tags are applied to any element in the UI.
- Templafy Task pane can be opened even if there is no document open already and an message is shown if the user attempts to insert any element that requires an active document.
- Full support for use of Tab, Enter and Arrow Keys in the Templafy UI in the Office Task pane.
- If either exists in the document, then "bmkStart" or "Start" bookmark is selected in the document.
- Support for image insertion replacing selected text/macro field.
- User informed that image insertion in Read Mode, Print Layout, Web layout and Outline view is not supported.
- DAM libraries can be set as default libraries when opening Templafy in Word Task pane.
- Insertion of Animated GIFs are now supported
- User is informed when trying to insert an item in "Reading view" or "Slide master view"
- Microsoft Excel Add-ins has been released.
- Microsoft Outlook Add-in has been released.
Changed Browser Support
- No longer supports Internet Explorer 8
- No longer supports Explorer 9. A user with IE9 will be informed that this browser version is not fully supported.
Additional Digital Asset Management Systems support
Templafy now supports and integrates with these DAM systems:
- Getty Media Manager
- Fixed the script error shown at the second attempt to login by using the same task pane.
- Removed the additional insertion of paragraphs before and after a text inserted from text library.
- Fixed that Task pane remains open in any Word instance.
- Fixed the script error shown in PowerPoint Add-in when switching between slides while an image is inserted
- Text library released
- Text insertion overwrites selected text
- Image insertion overwrites selected text
- Support for Cumulus (3rd party Digital Asset Management/DAM system)
- Added support for PNGs and GIFs from 3rd party integrations
- Language spell check follows language choice from user profile
- Element library: Inserted elements are automatically selected after insertion for easy follow-up editing
- When inserting content from libraries in views other than 'Normal', a user friendly error message is displayed
Word and Powerpoint
- The task pane remains open when creating a new presentation/document, and Templafy and SkabelonDesign (superadmins) can select which task pane is to be opened after creating a new presentation/document
- A "Save As" dialogue is shown when saving a document opened via the add-in
- Customers using proxy server with authentication are now supported and requires no configuration
- Templafy ribbon disappears after re-opening a document that has been saved to computer
- When closing a presentation with unsaved changes, clicking the "Save" button in the dialogue that appears, followed by "Cancel" in the subsequent "Save as" view now behaves as intended
- Add slides: Aspect ratio of slides now depends on the format of the newly created presentation
Word and Powerpoint
- The unwanted connection between two open instances of the same Office application that caused misbehavior has been fixed
- Fixed incorrect offline detection behind proxy server
- Fix for wrong redirect at login after reset password button is pressed