188.8.131.526 beta - January 15th 2019
Feature: Short cuts
- Support for "Escape" key when trying to close down a modal view like the document creator or the user profile editor. If there are multiple modals opened, they will be closed one by one by pressing the "Escape" key. This works for all modal views on our platform.
- Support for keyboard shortcuts in dropdowns so that a user can navigate and scroll to a specific option by typing the starting letters of the label. For example, if the user types in "De" and there is a dropdown option with the label "Denmark" somewhere out of the available space, it will scroll down and highlight it. This works whenever the dropdown is in focus, even if it is or not expanded
- Fixed links in the app menu on the client application as well as menu items in the admin center so that they all work with mouse-wheel click, control click and right-click > open in new tab options
- Fixed navigation history to now properly use the back and forward buttons in the browser.
Validator for PowerPoint slides - Make DCU work on DCV enabled slides
This feature enables presentations that have Document Content Validator (DCV) enabled for one or more slides, so that it is now possible to use do Document Content Updater (DCU) on all slides no matter if they DCV enabled or not.
Bug fix: DCU doesn't update images on the master
Fixed issue where using Document Content Updater (DCU) in PowerPoint on bindings on a Slidemaster would not be updated. This would work fine when creating a document, but the update functionality failed to apply on the slide master. This issue was also present on Document Content Validator (DCV) enabled slides. Both scenarios have been resolved - existing documents (and new ones) should now be able to do update with DCU once the client has received this update. No additional changes are required for existing documents, and the feature will also work when in offline mode.
Bug fix: DCU supported for documents created via DMS
Now it is possible to use DCU enabled templates created through DMS.
Bug fix: Text in content control disappears after document is updated via DCU
184.108.40.2067 beta - December 6th 2018
Make Templafy and SlideProof mutually exclusive
When both SlideProof and Templafy VSTO Add-ins are installed and both of them were opened at the same time they consumed much of the users screen. For fixing this we made sure that only one of them can be opened at a time. So if we open Templafy task pane SlideProof task pane will be closed and the other way around.
Allow multiple "undo" actions when inserting multiple items from library in PowerPoint
We have improved the "undo" functionality by adding a single step when inserting a new slide or a new slide element in Templafy.
Bug fix: Insertion of Text Elements in VSTO will clear shapes in headers of the "Default Page".
To prevent this we check if the header is empty and insert a blank space while inserting the file.
In this release we always insert Text Elements in a separate paragraph. Because we now always start by creating a blank paragraph, we also solved an issue where Word was importing the header from the file being inserted. This change is in both Word and Outlook.
Bug fix: Insertion of Text Element into Content Control doesn't remove the custom text in content control.
This fix ensures that the default helper text is removed during the document creation when processing content controls.
Bug fix: Window pop up when updating email signature.
If the user had third party VSTO Add-ins installed for word which displayed prompt messages when word was starting then these could cause failure of the email signature generation. Signature generation could only continue if the user located the prompt and acknowledged it. This is now fixed by disabling for a very short period all the VSTO Add-ins for word, starting word application in invisible mode and re enabling the VSTO Add-ins. Since this happens almost instantly we don't expect it to have any side effects on using word with third party Add-ins. Enabling, disabling VSTO Add-ins should never fail, however if by any chance it does then it is configured so we receive a message in our slack error channel. This feature is not enabled by default, we need to set the following registry key to enable it: DisableAllAddinsOnRtfConversion=true, under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Templafy\OfficeAddIns.
220.127.116.112 beta - November 9th 2018
Apply Color Theme
Color themes uploaded in Templafy can now be used in dynamic templates.
Requires "Supported transformation version" 1.3 or higher.
Bynder DAM integration now supports OAuth1 login flow
Bynder DAM integration supports personalized images instead of common content for all users. A user can authenticate via OAuth1 login flow and have a content different from the default provided by Bynder for the account. An administrator can activate the option from the Templafy Admin panel. When this is done, all user will see a login notification bar in the bottom of the Bynder library in the Templafy VSTO plugin. Once clicked it will open a native window pop-up which will require the user to authenticate inside the Bynder portal. The same option is accessible from the "Settings" menu in the top-right corner in Templafy VSTO plugin. The users can also choose to disconnect from the personalized content by choosing "Disconnect" from the "Settings" menu.
Bynder DAM integration with the enabled OAuth1 authentication option. Additional user rights management on the Bynder portal (in order to show personalized content).
Bug fix: PowerPoint with multiple master layouts will only get slides from the first master layout updated when using DCU
FIxed an error where bindings where only updated on the first master slide, when updating using Document Content Updater (DCU). DCU now correctly updates on all master slides.
Bug fix: Asset Insertion doesn't work with DAMs that only support TLS1.2
Our Add-ins did not work with remote services that has blocked support for older security protocol standards (less than TLS 1.2).
To fix this we changed the add-in to by default use the newest security protocol standard (TLS 1.2) and fallback to older versions (1.1 and 1.0).
18.104.22.1686 - October 10th 2018
DCV for PowerPoint Slides
This is the first version of our Document Content Validation for slides. With the Document Content Validation feature we keep track of all slides enabled for validation to make sure that they will stay up to date even after they have been created.
This will make it possible for company admins to ensure that all produced presentations will always be up to date with the latest company standards.
Also, we make sure that all slides and presentations that are controlled by the company is locked, and therefore cannot be changed by the user.
This first version is still in beta state.Pre-requisites
- Transformation version 1.2
- Bug fix: Support for special characters in email signature with plain text
- Bug fix: In PowerPoint VSTO Addins the shapes with image bindings no longer lose their names and order when DCU (Document Content Update) action is performed
- Convenience filters on folders are now also handled on offline mode
- Convenience filters are now synchronized to offline mode
- The custom document property TemplafyExternalSystem is now removed completely when a DMS has been completed
22.214.171.1241 - September 6th 2018
- Logout functionality: The log out button has been added to the current version of the VSTO add-ins. If the user is on a computer that does not have seamless SSO (i.e. a private computer with Templafy Desktop) (s)he can try to log in with another user.
- Bug fix: Support for special characters in email signature with plain text. Plain text email signatures for Outlook didn't support certain special characters.
- Bug fix: Breadcrumbs related issues. Breadcrumbs display names of folders reflect the real folder names.
- Bug fix: Failed to create signatures if profile values are too long. Fixed a bug where a user with a very long Windows profile name and Templafy user profile name would be unable to install Email Signatures locally due to a maximum path length restriction in Windows.
126.96.36.1996 - August 15th 2018
- Templafy Designer: Validation that Content Controls are set on block/pararaph level for TextElement insertion
- Templafy Designer: Insert image header with "Numbered Sections" now take precedence over "Named Sections", if "Numbered Sections" is used
- Offline mode can now only be initialized when all offline content have been downloaded
- Ensured that previews are always shown when switching from offline to online
- Values from dropdown that are filtered on other dropdowns are now kept when updating the document
- Text Elements will now only show up in Word/Outlook if they can be inserted (No longer shows Text Elements used for dynamic insertion)
These Add-ins must be used with new Templafy Desktop 1.7.0.x
- Performance improvement. Only sign-in once a day - speedup loading Templafy in Office Apps
In this release we made substantial performance optimizations when staring the Task Pane. This is done by having Templafy Desktop do an invisible SSO signin in the background every 24 hours. If a successful SSO is completed we don't have to sign in when starting the Task Pane, which can be rather slow. This performance optimization requires minimum Templafy Desktop
- Support for transformation version 1.1
- Offline support for Excel templates
- Support for binding function "ticks"
- Initialise DMS dialog from 3rd party code
- Option to Insert Text Element into Content Controls based on dynamic data like user profile/data sources
- Support for transformation configuration called "Page setup" It allows for changing margins, page size, orientation and more, and it works with offline and DCU.
- Comboboxes are now fully supported as part of DCU and in offline.
- Bug fix: Issue with images inserted into content/picture placeholders in PowerPoint were not in crop mode and did remove other placeholders of the same type on the slide.
- Bug fix: Add-ins show white taskpane after an exception is triggered when Update Document is used.
- Allow Outlook to run only email signatures even when no libraries are enabled.
- Bug fix: If an Outlook account was renamed we were unable to find the matching registry entry which is needed to retrieve the default email signatures. So the email signature feature would be unavailable in this situation.
- Option in "Settings" menu in the add-ins to force Templafy to use offline mode.
188.8.131.526 (Use this to get latest features in Template Designer.)
- Support latest features in the Template Designer.
- Support for combo box fields (a dual purpose field in a form, that can be both a drop down or a free text field)
- Optimized compression for images inserted via add-ins (Templafy image library and external DAM libraries.
- Offline webapp artifacts included in VSTO addins rather than a separate package
- Support for "Calculated Default Values" in Forms
- Improved handling of Offline mode in Word
- On boarding flow removed from add-ins (on boarding flow is handled by the Templafy Desktop)
- Template Designer - create dynamic templates directly from MS Office with a graphic user interface that lets you add dynamic fields (content controls) and metadata to the template.
- Improved event log handling
- Document content update enabled (DCU)
- Offline enabled
- Fixed Outlook VSTO display date bug
- Email Signature enhancements
- Minor UI fixes for high reolution displays
- Email Signature performance improvements
- Support for DMS: WorkZone
- Added VSTO Events
- Minor bug fixes
- Email Signature bug fixes
- Fixed issue with "No email accounts found" even though email is correctly setup
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed the delay when searching for User Profiles
- Email Signature enhancements/bug fixes
- DMS improvements
- UI bug fixes
- New architecture
- Requires Templafy Desktop to be installed
- Minor Email Signature bug fixes
- Minor Email Signature improvements
- RTF/TXT support
- Inserting Tables as embedded Excel Spreadsheets in Word now works properly
- Fix borders and aspect ratio for the Outlook onboarding modal
- Fix onboarding flow always opening by correctly locate the default profile name in registry
- Periodic check for new signatures while Outlook is running. Campaigns are now applied with the users local timezone.
- Email signatures support for Outlook 2016 upgraded from Outlook 2013
- Outlook is no longer required to restart after setting up the email-signature.
- DMS bug fix: restore clipboard data after DMS update
- Works with Authentication URL in RegEdit
- Added Outlook Signature onboarding flow
- Added DMS integration to PowerPoint
- Fixed minor bugs with DMS integration
- DMS integration can now merge ContentControls if they are locked
- Added feature "Outlook signature"
- Optimized DMS integrations
- Images from DAM-integrations will now be compressed upon insertion (X*720)
- Fixed issue with syncing ContentControls in headers from DMS-documents
- Added feature "integration to DMS systems" (Word)
- Improved logging for better for troubleshooting.
- Improved loader of task pane. Now shows progress instead of blank task pane.
- This version or greater is a pre-requisite for running the new version of the Templafy WebApp
- Enabled the new WebApp (SPA)
- Changed the way new documents are created
- Save/Close popups now use Native Office dialogues (will show in Office installation language)
- Changed the way assets (Images, Slides etc.) are inserted into documents
- Better logging
- Better handling of connections with proxy
- Taskpane will now automatically open when starting Word or Powerpoint
- Added addins for Excel
- Added addins for Outlook
- Signed with new SHA256 certificate (Office Extensions)
- Text Library insertion won't add additional linebreaks
All Office applications
- All Add-ins are now based on Office Extensions Alloy framework to support easy configuration of ribbon and faster load times when opening an Office application.
- Templafy is now automatically shown in the Office Task pane when a user
- Opens an Office application.
- Opens a document that was previously generated by Templafy.
- Simplified ribbon layout. There is only one basic Templafy button on the ribbon:
- One Corporate Template button to open Templafy in the Office Task pane (now "Open Tempalfy).
- Library buttons have been removed as they are available in the Templafy task pane
- The Templafy Button have been added to the Home Tab in Office.
- Favorites and Tags are now supported in the UI in Office Add-ins:
- A user can click the star icon to favorite a template.
- A user can see what tags are applied to any element in the UI.
- Templafy Task pane can be opened even if there is no document open already and an message is shown if the user attempts to insert any element that requires an active document.
- Full support for use of Tab, Enter and Arrow Keys in the Templafy UI in the Office Task pane.
- If either exists in the document, then "bmkStart" or "Start" bookmark is selected in the document.
- Support for image insertion replacing selected text/macro field.
- User informed that image insertion in Read Mode, Print Layout, Web layout and Outline view is not supported.
- DAM libraries can be set as default libraries when opening Templafy in Word Task pane.
- Insertion of Animated GIFs are now supported
- User is informed when trying to insert an item in "Reading view" or "Slide master view"
- Microsoft Excel Add-ins has been released.
- Microsoft Outlook Add-in has been released.
Changed Browser Support
- No longer supports Internet Explorer 8
- No longer supports Explorer 9. A user with IE9 will be informed that this browser version is not fully supported.
Additional Digital Asset Management Systems support
Templafy now supports and integrates with these DAM systems:
- Getty Media Manager
- Fixed the script error shown at the second attempt to login by using the same task pane.
- Removed the additional insertion of paragraphs before and after a text inserted from text library.
- Fixed that Task pane remains open in any Word instance.
- Fixed the script error shown in PowerPoint Add-in when switching between slides while an image is inserted
- Text library released
- Text insertion overwrites selected text
- Image insertion overwrites selected text
- Support for Cumulus (3rd party Digital Asset Management/DAM system)
- Added support for PNGs and GIFs from 3rd party integrations
- Language spell check follows language choice from user profile
- Element library: Inserted elements are automatically selected after insertion for easy follow-up editing
- When inserting content from libraries in views other than 'Normal', a user friendly error message is displayed
Word and Powerpoint
- The task pane remains open when creating a new presentation/document, and Templafy and SkabelonDesign (superadmins) can select which task pane is to be opened after creating a new presentation/document
- A "Save As" dialogue is shown when saving a document opened via the add-in
- Customers using proxy server with authentication are now supported and requires no configuration
- Templafy ribbon disappears after re-opening a document that has been saved to computer
- When closing a presentation with unsaved changes, clicking the "Save" button in the dialogue that appears, followed by "Cancel" in the subsequent "Save as" view now behaves as intended
- Add slides: Aspect ratio of slides now depends on the format of the newly created presentation
Word and Powerpoint
- The unwanted connection between two open instances of the same Office application that caused misbehavior has been fixed
- Fixed incorrect offline detection behind proxy server
- Fix for wrong redirect at login after reset password button is pressed