The first time a User logs onto a PC that has Templafy installed, they are met by an onboarding flow.
The 'onboarding flow' refers to a quick guide that checks that the information in the User Profile is correct, and enables the author to fill out any mandatory fields which have not already been autopopulated with data from the organization's Active Directory.
The User Profile is used by Templafy to:
- Create personalized documents for the User.
- Create a personalized email signature in Outlook.
- Configure offline features for the User (if Templafy offline module is enabled).
After confirming that the information in the User Profile is correct, the User is shown a preview of their email signature, which is created in Outlook, and automatically set as the default email signature. Please note that this will only happen if Templafy's email signature module is enabled.
The onboarding flow is configured by the Templafy Desktop client. This is because the User has to be known to the system before Outlook starts, so it can determine if an email signature should be created for the User, and if any templates or document assets have been marked as available offline. Templafy Desktop then handles the offline synchronization.
The below screenshots show how the onboarding flow will appear:
1. The first onboarding flow screen which appears to Users.
2. Users are then prompted to check or complete their details.
3. A preview of the email signature is shown.
4. The onboarding flow is now completed.