About this article
This guide will explain what is the onboarding flow for users of Templafy. Sections in this article:
- What is the onboarding flow?
- Onboarding flow on Windows PC
- Onboarding flow on Mac
- Enabling Email Signatures for MACs, Outlook Online, and Mobile devices
What is the onboarding flow?
The onboarding flow refers to a quick guide that checks that the information in the User Profile is correct, and enables the user to fill out any mandatory fields which have not already been auto-populated with data from the organization's Active Directory.
Completing this step is the way to onboard the user onto the Templafy platform as the completion of the steps of the onboarding flow validate the user on Templafy, and creates a user profile for this person.
After confirming that the information in the User Profile is correct, the User is shown a preview of their user profile and the user has the option to finalize the process or edit again.
The User Profile is used by Templafy to:
- Create personalized documents for the User.
- Filter content exclusively for the user.
- Create a personalized email signature.
- Configure offline features for the User (if Templafy offline module is enabled).
Onboarding flow on Windows PC
The first time a user logs in to a Windows PC, that has Templafy installed, this person is met by the onboarding flow, in the form of a "Pop-up". The onboarding flow is configured and displayed by the Templafy Desktop client.
Exceptions to showing the onboarding flow
With version 184.108.40.2064 and later of Templafy Desktop Client the onboarding flow will not run if a user already exists with a valid User Profile.
However, the onboarding flow will still be shown if the quiet Single Sign-On fails and Templafy Desktop does not know if the user has completed the onboarding flow before. Or, the quiet Single Sign-On succeeds but the user appears as a new user to Templafy.
Example of an onboarding flow for email signature
The below screenshots show how the onboarding flow will appear if the email signature module is in scope:
- The first onboarding flow screen which appears to Users.
- Users are then prompted to check or complete their details.
If the email signature module is in scope, the user will be guided to see a preview of its email signature. If not, then by clicking "finish setup" the onboarding flow is complete.
A preview of the email signature is shown.
- Note: This part is not shown if the email signature module is not part of the scope. In other words, this third step will only happen if Templafy's email signature module is enabled.
After confirming that the information in the User Profile is correct, the User is shown a preview of their email signature and automatically sets it as the default email signature.
- The onboarding flow is now completed.
Onboarding flow on Mac
The Onboarding flow on a Mac will be done directly from within the Templafy task pane when the add-in is enabled in any of the Microsoft Office programs. This is because on Mac, Templafy Desktop is not available, and as such, the user profile confirmation must be done through the task pane displaying the web app.
The flow is a bit different, and it is triggered when the user opens for the first time the Templafy task pane directly from the Microsoft Office program. It consists of three parts.
- Asking the user to login into the account
- After logging in, and the user attempting to create a document out of a template, one window appears asking the user to complete the user profile.
- A second window where the user can fill out or confirm the information of his user profile, and then clicking "Save"
- After clicking save, the user has created his user profile and has been provisioned to the Templafy platform.
Enabling Email Signatures for MACs, Outlook Online, and Mobile devices
Enabling email signatures for Macs, Outlook Online, and Mobile devices is a very simple process. Given the fact that Templafy wants to be completely certain that the right information will be appended to the email signature, Templafy requires the user to complete the second check of his user profile, and of their email signatures before enabling them.
To perform this second check, and to get the email signature for Mac, Mobile Devices and Outlook online, these are the steps:
- The user must go to the tenant's templafy web app i.e https://TENANTNAME.templafy.com/
- Click on the Ellipsis or 3 dot menu on the top right corner of the Templafy app, and click "Settings".
- Click on "Manage your personalized email signature". This will redirect the user to the onboarding flow to edit, revise and enable the Mobile signature. This onboarding flow can also be accessed in the following link: https://TENANTNAME.templafy.com/email-signature-office365-onboarding-intro. Usually, when a company is onboarding their users onto Templafy, they also send this link out to their users to save them the previous steps.
- In this new flow, the user must click on "Edit your email signature".
- The user is now able to revise, edit the information and preview the email signature. Please note that the fields in this example will defer from tenant to tenant. These fields are defined by each organization.
- The user is now able to preview the email signature and decide to edit again or finalize the process.
- Once the user has clicked "Complete", the process is done and the user can now close the tab.
- The user will now get a confirmation email that his email signature is ready.