#1 - What are the IT tasks needed to implement Templafy?
Integration of Templafy in MS Office: Integration to MS Office is achieved by installing Templafy Add-ins. These add-ins are installed automatically when client IT installs the Templafy Desktop client.
Single sign on: Setup Templafy to use client SSO solution: All enterprise clients has an existing SSO solution running. Templafy integrates seamlessly to this. Most commonly used are SAML2 of AzureAD.
Go to article, for more information about all the Supported SSO technologies
Email signature solution for mobile & web. Setup Templafy email signature server for Office 365 on client own Azure tenant.
#2 How much time should client IT allocate for these tasks?
Integration of Templafy in MS Office: 4 - 16 hours depending on internal processes
Setup Templafy to use client SSO: 1- 8 hours depending on internal processes. Depending on selected SSO method it's either installing Templafy AzureAD App or setting up Templafy as a relying party in client ADFS.
#3 - What versions of Office and Windows does Templafy support?
Get a full overview of the pre-requisites of MS Office and Windows support
#4 - What SSO solutions does Templafy support?
We basically support all we have seen out there so far. Most commonly used are:
#5 About Templafy Desktop
What is it and what does it do?
The Templafy Desktop is an application used for distributing the Templafy add-ins. (Integration Templafy to MS Office)
Templafy Desktop is delivered as a standard MSI package and when installed it will download and install Templafy add-ins and keep the add-ins up to date without involving client IT.
Besides distribution of add-in files, Templafy Desktop enables:
- Offline use of Templafy
- Font distribution
How it is Templafy Desktop delivered?
As a standard MSI package.
How can Templafy Desktop be deployed?
Most organizations use SCCM, but it can be installed how client IT normally distributes software. We do see some use GPO as well.
#6 - Does Templafy work on Citrix / remote desktop servers?
Templafy VSTO Add-ins can be installed on a Citrix server via the Templafy Desktop. The Templafy Desktop will only update the add-ins when a Citrix administrator forces an update.
#7 - How is Templafy updated?
As a cloud based SaaS solution Templafy solution is always running latest version.
Templafy web application: runs in the cloud and is updated server side. The web application is always running latest version and releases of such is always referred to as a website release.
Templafy VSTO Add-ins: Updates are handled by the Templafy Desktop client. No need for IT involvement to roll out any updates. Client IT can get access to updates prior to these are released to test these locally if needed.
Templafy Web Add-ins: Are automatically updated serverside.
Templafy Desktop: The Templafy Desktop is able to update itself so no IT deployment is needed to install new versions.
Email signature server for Office 365: Client need to install updates when released
#8 - Security
Templafy is a multi tenant PaaS solution running in the Microsoft Azure cloud with all benefits this comes with related to security and automatic load scaling. More detailed information can be found in the Templafy Tech Brief.
Where is company data stored? - Microsoft Azure cloud. Primary data center is in Amsterdam, secondary is Dublin. Templafy is fully geo-redundant with automatic fall back to secondary data center in case of any major incidents.
Does Templafy store confidential data? - No
What data does Templafy store?
- User data: Minimum user data is user email which is used as unique identifier. Typically name, department, contact info etc which is relevant for the Templafy user profile.
- Company info: office addresses, disclaimer texts, logos
- Files: templates, images
How does Templafy handle client data?
- Data are stored in SQL Azure.
- Files are stored in Azure Blob storage. Both types of storage are considered highly secure and reliable (eg. all data is saved on 3 disks and has geo redundancy to other data center within geographical region).
- All internal communication between server and client is SSL encrypted.
- All data in transit is SSL (TLS) encrypted.
- All data at rest are encrypted.
Who controls what files that are uploaded to Templafy? - Only admins on the Templafy solution can upload files. The client controls who has admin rights.
Are documents created by end-user being saved back to the cloud? - No, Templafy is one way only. All documents and presentations created by users are saved locally.
Templafy can integrate to client DMS or CRM systems enabling documents to be saved to a location in these systems controlled by the client - but no documents go back to the Templafy cloud.
#9 - Does Templafy integrate to SharePoint?
Yes, via the Templafy SharePoint app it is possible for end-users to create documents via Templafy directly from Templafy. Documents created this way are saved in the relevant document library in SharePoint from where they are created.
#10 - What other systems does Templafy integrate to?
#11 - Does Templafy work for Mac?
Short answer: Yes
- Templafy supports delivering personalized templates to any browser based device - including a Mac. This happens via the Templafy Web App.
- Templafy does have an integration to Mac Office via our Web Add-ins, but these add-ins does not yet include all features that are available in Office on a PC. For a comparison please refer to this article.
- Templafy Web add-ins currently support:
- Word: Document, Text, Image library, external DAM integrations
- PowerPoint: Image library only, external DAM integrations
- Excel: Image library and external DAM integrations
- The Templafy Desktop can not be installed on a Mac. Web-Add-ins are deployed via MS Office Store. For more information please refer to this article.
For more information on what features are available on various platforms, please check Templafy "What works where".
#12 - Our IT infrastructure is not centralized / Not all users are on same AD. Can Templafy handle this and how?
Templafy is designed to handle this.
- Deployment of MSI: Templafy delivers the MSI for the Templafy Desktop and the client IT will deploy this like they would normally deploy any new software. Same MSI is deployed for all users. We can then based on client AD user groups deliver different Add-ins and templates to specific users / regions.
- SSO: We support multiple authentication methods for same tenant on Templafy. This means users from different Active Directories can sign in using different methods.
#13 - Does Templafy support Google Docs?
Yes, Templafy can deliver dynamic templates that can be opened directly from Google Docs. Templafy has an integration to Google Drive enable users to initiate document creation from Google Drive and have the document saved back to Google Drive.
For more information please refer to this article.