What is DCV?
DCV is a feature that makes it possible for companies to ensure that slides in presentations will be up to date, even after a presentation has been downloaded by a user and saved locally on their desktop.
How does it work from a user / admin perspective?
- An admin enables validation for one or more slides in a presentation which is kept in the Presentation Library or the Slide Library.
- When an end-user downloads this presentation, then all slides marked for validation are locked to prevent the user from changing the content on the slide.
- The user then saves the presentation to their desktop.
- At a later date, an admin now uploads a new version of the presentation.
- When the user re-opens the presentation that is saved locally, they will be met by a notification that the presentation has been updated, and taken through a flow where they can decide whether to accept the updated version.
How does it work from a technical perspective?
When DCV has been enabled on a Templafy tenant and a user opens a presentation that has Dynamics enabled, then Templafy will run a check in the background to see if any updates have been made to slides enabled for validation by an Admin.
If this has happened, all new slides will be downloaded to the user's PC, and the user will have the option to update the presentation with the latest slides.
The presentation originally saved by the user does not at any point return to Templafy.
The first version of DCV
The first version of DCV is for slides only. This means that all slides marked for validation will be checked if they are still in the presentation.
DCV is released on October 10th 2018. Presentations uploaded to Templafy prior to this date need to be re-uploaded before DCV can be enabled.
DCV only checks if any updates has been made to individual slides in a presentation. It does not check if any slides have been added or deleted from a presentation.
Currently, this feature is for slides only (i.e. not whole presentations.) If, for example, all slides in a presentation consisting of 10 slides are DCV enabled and the admin uploads a new version of the presentation with the following changes:
- 3 slides added
- 2 slides deleted
- 4 slides updated
Then only the 4 updated slides will be detected.
- DCV enabled on Templafy tenant in settings (Templafy or Implementation partner)
- Presentation needs to be enabled for Dynamics.
- VSTO-addin 22.214.171.1248.