Adding filters to email signatures, or email campaigns, allows governance of which users in your organization receive which email signatures. Find out more about what else Templafy's email signature manager offers.
Filters can be set up based on choices made by the user in the user profile, or based on information from your organization's Active Directory (AD). Filter examples include:
User profile (system):
* (given that this claim comes from Active Directory for the User profile)
Active Directory (claims)
- AD user group
Note: filters based on Active Directory cannot be changed by the user.
Managing signatures using filters
The primary filter option is the email domain. An email domain must be set for all email signatures.
Who will receive which signature? When multiple email signatures have been set up, it is important to know the logic of the filter options.
A user will receive the first active email signature on the list when:
- User email domain matches the email's 'valid for' domain.
- The user's credentials match the filter that has been setup.
In the image below, there are multiple signatures, which are all valid for the same email domain. Whoever matches the first signature on the list will receive this signature.
By clicking on the email signature field, it is possible to see which filters that have been setup
- A claim based filter has been set up to filter on specific email signatures
- A list of email signatures has been added
All those on this list will receive this email signature.
Another email signature on the list has only one valid domain and no filters. If this signature was on top of the list, then all the users from this domain would receive this email signature, regardless of whichever emails are below.
Important: email signatures that have filters setup must be higher on the list than 'general' signatures which apply to an entire organization.
The order of the signatures is changed by clicking 'Reorder'.
To reorder signatures:
1. Use the arrows to reorder the signatures.
2. Click the red check mark once reordering is completed.
3. If you need to cancel, lick on the 'x'.
How to add filters
1. Choose the email that the filter is to be applied to, and click 'Edit'.
2. Select 'Add new filter'.
3. Select the filter, for example a claim or AD group, from the drop down menu.
Note: Active Directory Group can be understood as Office 365 Group, Security Group and Mail-enabled Security Group. Templafy only shows the first 1000 Groups it gets from Graph. In the event of not being able to select the respective group from the dropdown, you can just manually enter the group name or ObjectId.
4. It is possible to add more filters, which will be combined. For example, if the signature should be only for the Legal department at the London office, there should be one filter for each.
The email will apply to any user that is part of either filter.
5. Click 'save', and the filter will be applied.