When uploading a new presentation to presentation/slide/image library, one may be met by the following error
Prior to 2019, the upload of such file types was still possible, however this lead in many cases to corrupt presentations. As of early 2019 the admins are presented with this error/warning, as the support for SVGs had been revoked. It is recommended to convert such images to EMF files instead.
Click here to find out which file types are supported for image upload.
How do I inspect my presentation for .svg files?
1. Right-click the presentation in question, choose 7-Zip and select Open archive option
2. Navigate to folder named PPT and then Media -here you can find the list of images and their file types used in the presentation
3. Return back to PPT folder and open Slides folder now
4.Copy all the .xml slide files out of the zipped folder, save on your desktop or other designated folder and open them with Notepad ++
5. Use the search function as described here
6. The search will highlight all the slides in that presentation where .svg file was used