About this article
It is possible to insert images directly from the available
Image library through the Templafy add-ins in Office. This article will explain what the expected behavior is, when inserting images from the Templafy add-ins into Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
What is the Image Library?
The Image Library is a collection of company approved images available for direct use in Office applications.
If images are uploaded in larger sizes Templafy will make sure these are optimized for Office use if inserted via the Templafy image library in Office. Images will be compressed to avoid documents and presentations ending up being too large, while maintaining the quality so images in a presentation shown on screen on a HD monitor will still look perfect.
When an image is downloaded from the web application it will remain original size. This allows companies to distribute larger file sizes to users that has a need for this.
Word & PowerPoint
The functionality of inserting images from the VSTO add-in into Word and PowerPoint works the same way. In Word and PowerPoint, inserting an image to replace a current image provides image options such as resize and crop.
Through Templafy, company images can be easily be added to emails from within Outlook.
Inserting images from the Image Library works a little different in Outlook.
Inserting an image from the Outlook add-in to replace a current image, doesn't allow the same image options (resize and crop) as described for PowerPoint and Word. Instead, the image will get stretched to fit the previous image placeholder, which means images inserted from Templafy add-in will be distorted.
To insert an image from the Templafy image library into an email, please follow the below steps:
- Open a new email. Your email signature will automatically appear
- If the Templafy task pane does not automatically open, it can be opened by either clicking on the Templafy button in the task bar
- When the Templafy task pane has opened, choose the Image Library
- Within the Image Library, you can see all the company images that are available for your use.
- To insert an image, first place the cursor in the email, where you wish the image to be inserted, then click on the chosen image
- The image is now inserted into your email at the desired location