How it works
- Email signature by Templafy are installed in MS Outlook by the Templafy VSTO Outlook Add-in
- The VSTO Add-in files are distributed to end-user PC by the Templafy Desktop client.
- The Templafy Desktop client is an MSI package that is deployed by client IT. WHen installed it will download the Add-in files and distribute these to the PC.
- Email signature for the end-user will be updated when the user has:
- Logged in for the first time after Desktop Client has been installed and completed the onboarding flow
- Outlook is restarted
At first login to their PC after Templafy Desktop has been installed, the user will be met by the Templafy onboarding flow in which they will be asked to complete / approve their UserProfile. The UserProfile will be used to create personalized documents for that user.
Following that, they will be shown a preview of their email signature, which is created in Outlook and automatically set as the default email signature.
Email signature not created
If the users does not get an email signature installed in Outlook it can be if:
- The user does not complete the onboarding flow, then there will be no valid user profile and no email signature can be created. The users will be promted by the onboarding flow each time they login.
- Templafy Desktop client is not installed for that user.
- There is no email set to active in the admin interface.
- The user is not part of the AD group who is set to receive an email signature
- There is no email domain added in the admin interface or the user is not part of the added email domain.