Depending on your Salesforce version, you will need to follow either the guide for Salesforce Classic (this one), or the guide for Salesforce Lightning: Salesforce integration configuration - Lightning
Should any issues arise during setup, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Salesforce integration
A Salesforce integration is available for Templafy which works via a Canvas App in Salesforce. This allows showing a Templafy Create Document on object pages in Salesforce (for example for contract pages, account pages, etc.) which, when clicked, will transfer data about the object to Templafy. This data can then be used to fill out placeholders in templates when creating a document. The finished document can be uploaded as an attachment to the Salesforce object directly from Templafy.
- System Administrator access to the Salesforce instance for which the integration is to be setup.
- Admin access to the Templafy tenant for which the integration is to be setup.
- Ensure that Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated is not checked. You can check this by going to Setup > Security Controls > Session Settings and looking under Session Settings.
Step-by-step guide for Salesforce Classic (setup on Salesforce)
- Log-in to Salesforce with an account with the System Administrator Profile.
- Click Setup in the header menu.
- Type "Apps" in the Quick Find / Search... box and click Apps under Build / Create.
- Click New under Connected Apps.
- Fill out the form (refer to below screenshots). Make sure to:
- Fill out required fields
- Enable OAuth settings
- Select and add the Access and manage your data (API) and Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access) scopes
- Enable Canvas
- Set the Callback URL and Canvas App URL to https://[tenantId].templafy.com/salesforce?tenantId=[tenantId] (where [tenantId] is the customers subdomain)
- Set Access Method to Signed Request (POST)
- Select and add the Layouts and Mobile Cards location
- Setup: New Connected App (right click on image to open in new tab)
- Result: (right click on image to open in new tab)
- Hit Save, then Continue.
Click Click to Reveal under API (Enable OAuth Settings) / Consumer Secret and copy down the Consumer Secret, you will need to provide this to Templafy.
Click Edit Policies.
Select Admin approved users are pre-authorized under OAuth policies / Permitted Users and select Relax IP restrictions under OAuth policies / IP Relaxation.
Click Manage Profiles under Profiles.
Check off all user groups (profiles) that should have access to the canvas app. As minimum, Standard User and System Administrator should be checked off.
Find the object type you want to set up document creation for:
- For standard objects (such as Contracts, Opportunities, ...), this can be done under Build > Customize. Fold out the menu and click on Page Layouts.
- For custom objects, type "Objects" in the Quick Find / Search... box and click Objects under Build / Create. Find the object type and click the label name.
Find the main user-facing layout under Page Layouts and click Edit.
Click Canvas Apps in the left part of the palette (top of the screen).
Find the Templafy Canvas App with the name you defined before, then drag-and-drop it into the page layout at an appropriate place.
Mouse-over the new canvas app and click the wrench icon.
Set the Height (in pixels) to 44 and click OK.
Click Save in the palette.
- Locate your domain under Setup > Domain Management > My Domain under "Your domain name is...."
- Send both the Consumer Secret and the domain to Templafy.
Setup in Templafy
Open the Administration page for the tenant.
Click Settings under Administration.
Make sure Enable Templafy Desktop and Enable Transformation pipeline (requires Templafy Desktop) under Features are enabled.
- Enter the Consumer Secret provided and setup the Salesforce Instance URL using the domain in Sysop under the relevant tenant.