About this article
Our Templafy OpenID Connect Application offered as Enterprise Application in Azure AD Gallery, is, by default, available to all users of the tenant who authenticate successfully. This article is aimed to walk you through the process of restricting access to Templafy to only designated subset of users. The content of this article is relevant for Client IT and is valid for both Templafy OpenID Connect as well as Templafy SAML2 Application.
This article contains two main sections:
- Create the Templafy App by following the steps described in How to set up SSO with Azure AD OpenID
- Once the Templafy App is created navigate to Enterprise applications- All applications
- Click Templafy and on the application's
Propertiesfrom the application’s left-hand navigation menu.
- Locate the setting
User assignment required?and set it to
- When this option is set to
Yes, users must first be assigned to this application before they can access it.
Saveto save this configuration change.
Assign users and groups to the app
Once you've configured your app to enable user assignment, you can go ahead and assign users and groups to the app.
- Select the
Users and groupspane in the application’s left-hand navigation menu.
- At the top of the
Users and groupslist, select the
Add userbutton to open the Add Assignment pane.
- Select the
Usersselector from the Add Assignment pane.
Note: A list of users and security groups will be shown along with a textbox to search and locate a certain user or group. This screen allows you to select multiple users and groups in one go.
- Once you are done selecting the users and groups, press the
Selectbutton on bottom to move to the next part.
- Press the
Assignbutton on the bottom to finish the assignments of users and groups to the app.
- Confirm that the users and groups you added are showing up in the updated Users and groups list.
Congratulations! You are all set. Templafy app is now restricted to a certain set of users.