Applications registered in an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) are, by default, available to all users of the tenant who authenticate successfully. This article is aimed to walk you through the process of restricting the Templafy App to only designated users or groups.
- Create the Templafy App by following the steps described here
- Once the Templafy App is created navigate to Enterprise applications- all applications
- Click Templafy and on the application's Overview page, select Properties from the application’s left-hand navigation menu.
- Locate the setting User assignment required? and set it to Yes. When this option is set to Yes, users must first be assigned to this application before they can access it.
- Select Save to save this configuration change.
Assign users and groups to the app
Once you've configured your app to enable user assignment, you can go ahead and assign users and groups to the app.
- Select the Users and groups pane in the application’s left-hand navigation menu.
- At the top of the Users and groups list, select the Add user button to open the Add Assignment pane.
- Select the Users selector from the Add Assignment pane.
Note: A list of users and security groups will be shown along with a textbox to search and locate a certain user or group. This screen allows you to select multiple users and groups in one go.
- Once you are done selecting the users and groups, press the Select button on bottom to move to the next part.
- Press the Assign button on the bottom to finish the assignments of users and groups to the app.
- Confirm that the users and groups you added are showing up in the updated Users and groups list.
You are all set. Templafy app is now restricted to a certain set of users.