About this article
Templafy VSTO Add-ins and Templafy Desktop are supported for users accessing MS Office via Citrix, Virtual desktop infrastructure and Azure Virtual Desktop. However, this support is dependent on the specific setup you have. This article will explain what is supported and not supported through Templafy Desktop.
Sections in this article:
- Web add-ins in virtual desktop environments
- VDI (XenDesktop, Azure Virtual Desktop or VMWare Horizon)
- VDA (XenApp or published Apps)
- Templafy Offline synchronization
Web add-ins in virtual desktop environments
Templafy Web add-ins will work seamlessly in virtual desktop environments.
VDI (XenDesktop, Azure Virtual Desktop or VMWare Horizon)
Persistent VDI is supported. Templafy Desktop is deployed and will distribute VSTO Add-ins for MS Office. For more information about deployment of Templafy Desktop on Citrix please see related articles down below.
Non Persistent VDI
Non Persistent VDI is supported.
For Templafy Email signature add-in for Outlook, roaming profiles or persistent registry keys/paths need to be set up as our add-in works in the current user context. User settings and other personalization need to be persisted.
For more information about deployment of Templafy Desktop server mode, see the following article
VDA (XenApp or published Apps)
VDA is supported seamlessly with Library, Check and Productivity plus.
But for Email Signature for Outlook pushed out via Storefront please keep the following in mind:
- you would need to push the URL and Token registry keys for the Email Signature add-in to load.
- Persistent environment: Nothing more needs to be done from here.
- Non-persistent environment: If it is a non-persistent environment, then persistence of path and keys needs to be set up
Templafy Offline synchronization
Synchronization of offline content is not supported for users using Templafy via Citrix (or other Remote Desktop Solution (RDS). (Both for One and Hive)
Information we would like to receive:
- Do you have any Pre-Production/Test environments?
- Do you push any policies/GPO's to your environment currently? Which?
- What is your process of adding a new app to your golden image?
- How often do you push updates to your server environment?
- Contact person that we can reach out to if we see any issues on our side with Templafy?
- Name of the server where Templafy Desktop is installed?