About this article
This article will explain the process of uploading a third add-in package in the Admin Center and how to manage third party add-ins that can be distributed to end users through Templafy Desktop.
About third party add-ins
The add-in is a container to organize different versions of an add-in. Each add-in contains one or more versions and only one version can be active for each add-in at the same time.
To distribute registry entries to all users, your ZIP file should contain a folder called "RegistryEntries", and this folder should contain the registry files.
The structure will look like:
To distribute office macros to all Templafy Desktop users, the following folder structure is required
To distribute office extension tools such as OmniDocs tools, the following folder structure is required
To distribute custom fonts, the following folder structure is required
When the admin uploads the zip file, the file is saved in blob storage, then it is asynchronously processed to add the file list to the zip file saved to the blob storage.
Once uploaded and processed, the admin can activate the version to be distributed to end-users.
How to upload third party add-ins?
To create a new add-in, the admin uses the
Upload add-in button and then selects a zip file to upload. This will automatically create the first version of the add-in.
- Go to yourtenantname.templafy.com/admin/add-ins/third-party-add-ins
- Choose file to upload
- Once its completed the upload, you can click the
Xto return to the third party add-ins site
- Click on the uploaded package to manage further details on the uploaded package
How to manage versions?
- Click on the ellipsis menu next to the uploaded package or click on the package. Both options highlighted below will let you manage versions:
- Edit name and add a description
- Manage versions consist of the following actions:
Activating an add-in
- Click on Activate
- Once you've clicked 'Activate', you'll be prompted with a confirmation page, similar to the one shown here: