About this article
This article explains what a ComboBox form field is and how to utilize it as an end-user as well as explaining how to create a ComboBox form field in the Dynamics designer.
What is a ComboBox form field?
A ComboBox form field is a form field that allows the user to pick a value from a dropdown list or type free text.
Creating a ComboBox form field
- If not already existing, create a data source in the Resource tab in the Admin Center with the desired schema, keep in mind you might want to have a label column that is different from the data you'd like to reference in bindings. A simple format would be to use the
Namecolumn for labeling and other columns for data.
- Populate the rows of the data source with data you'd like to reference in templates
- Go to the
Formtab in Dynamics Designer
Add form field
- Select Type
ComboBox, fill in
Labelfields, and set the desired options
Datasourceselect the data source the form should be linked to
Label columnselect the column in the data source that should be displayed to the end-user
- Required - Check this box if you'd like to mandate the user select an option, an asterisk will indicate to them that it's required
- Default Value - Prepopulate an option for the user
- Filter by - Filter the options of this dropdown according to a data source
- Spacing before - Add space above the form field
- Spacing after - Add space below the form field
- Helptext prefix - Add help text above the dropdown, this can be useful for guiding the user on filling out the form field
- Helptext postfix - Add help text below the dropdown, this can be useful for guiding the user on filling out the form field
- Share value - Allow the form field to be recognizable as shared by dynamic documents