About this article
This article will explain what a date form field is and show an example of how to create one in the dynamics designer.
What is a date form field?
A date form field is a type of form field that allows the user to select a date in a date picker, this date is then outputted as a date object. The date object can then be used in functions such as FormatDateTime(). Below is an example of the end-user experience.
Creating a date form field
- Go to the Dynamics Designer
- Click the
Add form field
- Fill out the
Labeland any additional options
- Required - Check this box if you'd like to mandate the user fills out the textbox, an asterisk will indicate to them that it's required
- Spacing before - Adds space above the form field
- Space after - Adds space below the form field
- Helptext prefix - Adds help text above the dropdown, this can be useful for guiding the user on filling out the form field
- Helptext postfix - Adds help text below the dropdown, this can be useful for guiding the user on filling out the form field
- Share value - Allows the form field to be recognizable as shared by dynamic documents