About this article
This article will explain how you can make annotations in your shared documents. The annotations can be added upon sharing or after sharing and enabled for recipients to enforce collaborations in your shared documents.
What can you do with the annotation tools?
You can make annotations to leave comments in documents. The annotation tool A lets you highlight text and the squared tool lets you mark any section in the document to which you can add comments.
- Navigate to the bottom of your document and find the PDF viewer, where you will see the two annotation tools;
- Click on the annotation icon
A, if you want to use the highlighter. On the highlighted text, you can make a comment, suggest edits, copy content or delete the annotation.
- Click on the Comment icon to add a comment to any marked section in the document
- Similar for the two, if you wish to delete, you can click the ellipsis menu next to your comment and click Delete
How to make annotations upon sharing a document?
- Upload a document
- Go through the steps of giving your document a new title, if preferred, and click
- Add at least one recipient in the Email address text field and hit
- Click on
- Your document opens up in a PDF viewer window, from where you get access to the annotations tools.
Donewhen you are done adding annotations.
How to make annotations after upload?
At any point in time, you can go into your documents to add annotations. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to
View documentin the ellipsis menu on the right, when you hover over the file
- Use the annotations tools available in the PDF viewer, to add comments or highlight text.