What is Ampler?
Ampler is a custom VSTO add-in delivered as a third party add-in with Templafy Desktop deployed through the Templafy msi installer package. This article holds information about the installation process when deploying Ampler and prerequisites for this.
Deployment on the client IT side?
If Templafy Desktop is already installed, no further actions are required from client IT.
If deploying Ampler as a part of deploying Templafy for the first time, some steps are required from the client IT side. These are specified in the deployment article: Templafy Desktop deployment.
Deploying Ampler with Templafy Desktop
Deploying Ampler with Templafy is a one license file distribution. To deploy Ampler, following steps are required:
- Contact Anders Jørgensen at email@example.com to request a license file
- Grab the AmplerInstaller.exe from here: https://my.ampler.io/download
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the path of the executable file to run the following command:
AmplerInstaller.exe /s /a /v"/qn ALLUSERS=1 ADDLOCAL=Core,PowerPoint TARGETDIR=\"C:\AmplerInstallerExtracted\""(You can change
target dirto be anything else preferred)
- Download the Ampler.license file received from Ampler and paste it into the
.\Smart\SmartToolsfolder in the deployed directory
- Grab the
SmartToolsfolder and place it in the Library package under the
- Download the registry keys and place them in the RegistryEntries folder
Ampler launches as a standalone VSTO add-in when you open PowerPoint. When you have PowerPoint open, Ampler is located under
Insert. Here you find a tab called Ampler charts.
- Go to Insert
- Click on the Ampler Charts dropdown
Software updates to Ampler
As of now, releases are rolled out in a new package deployment. We are notified of new releases from Ampler and can roll out accordingly.