About this article
This article will explain how to configure and use the Templafy app in Teams. As an end-user, you can use the Templafy Teams integration to directly access your Templafy documents/presentations/spreadsheets and create them directly from Teams. This article will cover:
- Add Templafy App from the left side of Teams
- Add Templafy App as a tab in a channel
- Add Templafy App as a tab in a chat
- Using Templafy in a channel or chat tab
- Using Templafy in a chatbox
- How to create documents?
Add Templafy App from the left side of Teams
- Navigate to apps on the left of teams, select and add Templafy.
Add Templafy App as a tab in a channel
- Navigate to either
Teamstab from the left side panel and click on the
- Choose Templafy from the list or use search to find the app
- Add the Templafy app
- Fill out Templafy
Tenant ID, which is the name of your company's Templafy tenant. Furthermore, you can choose which path should be the default one, meaning if you want to open Presentations/Documents/Spreadsheets as the default library.
- Tick or untick the
Post to the chat about this tabas you wish. If you tick it like below image, participants in the chat will be able to see the
Create Documentin the chat feed
- As with any message written in the chat, you can then add reactions or access the
more optionsbutton if you wish to eg. edit/delete etc. this message
- Finally, you can add the Templafy app as another tab if you want to open another default library folder like Presentations or PDFs for instance. You just need to repeat this process.
Add Templafy App as a tab in a chat
- Initiate a new chat by clicking the
- After you have started a new chat, and still haven't sent a message to your chat participants, your chat is in draft mode and you see a similar window like this:
- Please type a message to your chat participants before getting the option of creating a document and sharing it directly in your Teams chat.
- Then click on the
- Add Templafy
- Configure the app in the same way as before when setting up Templafy in a channel.
- Once the app is added as a tab, and if you have ticked the box for confirmation, there will be a confirmation in the chat about it.
Using Templafy in a channel or chat tab
- First and foremost, you can see which teams you're added to in your organization from the list of
Your teamsif you click on
Teamsin the left side panel, like seen here:
- When are in a channel, you can visualize now the Templafy
Create Documentbutton. If your company has Single-Sign-On set up, then you will be authenticated directly if you're already logged in to your Templafy account in the web browser or your Microsoft account. When you are successfully logged in, you can access the Templafy WebApp, similar to opening Templafy in a web browser.
- You can now
Create Documentfrom any of the available Libraries and folders, you have access to.
- Renaming or removing the
Create Documenttab from Teams can be done by clicking the arrow on the tab:
- If you choose
Rename Create Document, you can edit the name in the next pop-up window:
- If you choose
Remove, you can confirm your action in the next pop-up window:
Using Templafy in a chat box
- When composing a message, the Templafy integration can also show up below the
Type a new messageeditor at the bottom.
- You can use Templafy in the same manner as if you are accessing it from a channel or chat tab. The difference is that once you have finished the document, you can send it as part of your message like shown here:
How to create documents?
- Click on one of the Libraries, e.g. the Document Library
- The next step is choosing your template from one of the folders you have access to:
- In the example here, we choose the Blank document and can either choose
Save back to Teams:
Other actionsleads you with options such as:
Open in Word,
Save to Desktopor
Share viaa Delivery Connector, if such has been set up:
Save back to Teamsopens your Blank document and Templafy can be directly accessed from Teams: