About this article
This article shows the differences between Email Signatures for the VSTO add-ins and the web add-ins.
- At least one of the following Email Signature modules enabled; Email Signature VSTO Add-in or Email Signature Web Add-in
Differences between VSTO vs Web Add-ins
- Internal/external signature switching on Mac is currently not supported due to a limitation on the Microsoft side.
- Due to a limitation from Microsoft, when using the web add-in there is a line of
Calibri 12 added above the signature.
- When using web add-in automatic insertion of signatures on emails opened with Quick Steps not working. limitation due to Microsoft's current capabilities. Requires manual insertion via taskpane.
- When using web add-in automatic insertion of signatures is unstable and sometimes not working on draft emails. Resuming a draft without a signature will not trigger the automatic insertion of the signature. Changing the recipients will insert the signature sometimes, but this behavior cannot be trusted and the wrong signature (internal instead of external) could be inserted - limitation due to Microsoft's current capabilities. Requires manual insertion via the taskpane.
- On Mac when forwarding an email with multiple images sometimes Outlook will fail to load some of the pictures. This is confirmed as an issue by Microsoft.