About this article
This article explains an issue identified when using a specific version of WebView2 that causes Templafy add-ins and Microsoft Office applications to crash. The problem has been identified with version 100.0.1185.29.
The symptoms reported at present have been outlined below.
- Templafy users may experience that upon document creation via Composer, Templafy will attempt to create the document which will then eventually lead to the Office application.
- Templafy users trying to access the SharePoint content connector via VSTO add-ins in Office applications may be unable to log in and as a result may lead to the closing of the Office application. The SharePoint content connector is also not accessible via Templafy Web add-ins within Office applications.
- Ensure Templafy Library add-ins version is at least v7.0.262 (current stable) or greater. Templafy are in the process of upgrading customers who's version is lower than v7.0.262.
- Templafy engineers are continuing to investigate and find a solution for SharePoint content connector.
The work arounds for the above symptoms have been outlined below.
- Create the document through the Templafy Web app. This can be done by navigating to your Templafy tenant via a Web browser. The downloaded document can be opened from which point you can continue to use Templafy to insert Templafy assets.
- Use The Templafy Web app to access SharePoint content connector assets or alternatively use the Templafy Web add-in in Office Online to access assets.
The problem has been raised with Microsoft who have identified the root cause and are continuing to work on a solution. More information can be found in the Github report below.