About this article
This article will give an overview of the Offline templates module.
What is Offline templates?
The Offline templates module allows users to access selected templates regardless of whether they are connected to the internet not. The selection is made by admins who have ability to choose a limited amount of templates to be made available locally on the user's PC. This helps to ensure the creation of on brand documents even when users do not have an internet access.
How many templates can be made available offline ?
The Offline templates module allows admins to enable up to 5 templates per document type (i.e. 5 documents, 5 presentations and 5 spreadsheets) per space. Respective of file size limitations for document uploads to the library, the combined file size limit of all offline documents per space is 750 MB.
In addition to templates chosen from the library, blank templates will also be made available offline:
- If a default template has been set in the library configuration, this template will be distributed.
- If no default template is chosen, a Templafy version of the Office blank template will be made available instead.
- It is not possible to disable the offline availability of blank templates; they are distributed to the users by default.
- Blank documents do not count towards the Offline templates limit of 5 templates per library per space.
How to get an overview of offline templates?
- Go into the documents, presentations or spreadsheets library.
- Select any template.
- Navigate to the settings tab.
- Under Offline Availability select
View offline templates documents/ presentations/ spreadsheets.
This will provide admins an overview of all offline templates per template library per space. Note that this option will not show templates from other libraries or other spaces in the tenant (e.g. viewing offline templates in the spreadsheets library will show all offline spreadsheets in this space).