About this article
This article explains what a Number form field is and how it can be created through the dynamics designer.
What is a Number form field?
A number form field is a type of form field that allows the user to enter the integer numbers, without fractional part. Often, a number form field is used to provide a specific number that should be used together with a function, generally DateAdd(), DateSubtract(), or FormatNumber().
Result in the document
Creating a number form field
In its simplest form, a form field relies on a
Name and a
Name being used in the binding syntax and the
Label being placed above the textbox for user guidance. Therefore the simplest textbox creation consists of the following steps:
- Go to the Dynamics Designer
- Click the
Add form field
- Fill out the
Labeland any additional options
- Required: Check this box if you'd like to mandate the user fills out the textbox, an asterisk will indicate to them that it's required.
- Placeholder: Prepopulate a number that is deleted when the textbox is clicked.
- Default Value: Prepopulate the number that stays when clicked and is editable.
- Spacing before: Adds space above the form field.
- Space after: Adds space below the form field.
- Helptext prefix: Adds help text above the dropdown, this can be useful for guiding the user on filling out the form field.
- Helptext postfix: Adds help text below the dropdown, this can be useful for guiding the user on filling out the form field.
- Share value: Allows the form field to be recognizable as shared by dynamic documents.