About this article
The Analytics tab will allow admins to access an overview of the email signature generation across all users on the tenant and the main actions that can be performed to increase the overall adoption.
- Understanding email signature generation
- Email signature generation overview
- Email signature generation trend
Understanding email signature generation
When accessing Email Signature tab in the Admin Center, an Analytics tab will be available to support admins and owners on the tenant understanding how well signatures are being generated for the end-users. Visual representations of the email signature generation overview and trends will be accessible through donut and graph charts. Additionally, admins/owners will also be able to download a CSV file containing more information such as the user email address, the email signature status (Valid, Outdated, No Signature), and the error description (if the users is not getting a “Valid” signature).
Email signature generation overview
In this section, one will be able to access two different donut charts as well as a
- The first chart, Total Users will provide the total number of users on the tenant (including partners) along with the percentage of users “with signature” and “without or outdated signatures”.
- The second chart, Users 'without or outdated signatures' will provide in percentage, the reason why users aren’t getting signatures (End-user profile incomplete, Admin configuration required, or Temporary errors)
Download databutton will download a CSV file containing more information such as the user email address, the email signature status (Valid, Outdated, No Signature), and the error description (if the users is not getting a “Valid” signature).
The date displayed at the bottom represents the last synchronization.
How to maximize the number of users "with signature"?
Most of issues that might impact the email signature generation should be fixable by performing the following actions:
- End-user profile incomplete issues can be fixed by contacting the end-user and requesting them to complete their default user profile
- Admin configuration issues can be fixed by verifying the configuration of the email signature parts as well as reviewing the validity of the HTML
- Temporary errors should be fixed by synchronizing signatures, if the issue persists after the synchronization please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When downloading the CSV file containing additional information on the email generation status per user, the following error descriptions:
|User||User has not configured the default profile|
|Admin||Signature part configuration excludes this user|
|Admin||Invalid binding syntax or source value|
The value 'src' is either missing or invalid. Only binding expressions are allowed as the value of the 'src' property of an image
|Admin||Image contains more than one of the same property|
|Admin||The image tag contains the property which is not supported|
|Admin||The 'width' and 'height' properties of the image are required|
The 'width' and 'height' properties of the image must be a number with no unit specified
|Admin||The maximum allowed size '1MB' of the linked image was exceeded|
|Admin||The requested image URI is not valid or currently inaccessible|
|Admin||The type of the image is not supported|
|Admin||The requested image is not found in the image storage. (Gmail specific)|
Failed to save user signature to the storage. Transient error which can be fixed by retry
Unexpected error occurred. Can be either transient error or bug in the code
Email signature generation trend
This section provides an overview of the email signature generation over time on a monthly basis. The bar chart will display the email signature generation trend over the past 12 months.
Article is closed for comments.