About this article
In this article, we will explain what are the best practices when using Templafy Library for PowerPoint.
What are the Library assets that can be used in PowerPoint?
- Slides elements
Please read our generic Libraries' best practices first!
The Presentations Library is used to generate templates or presentations in PowerPoint.
What to keep in mind when creating presentations for Templafy?
- Ensure to collect and verify all required company templates
Different formats (16:9 Widescreen, 4:3 Standard, etc.), different theme colors, layouts, etc. We recommend using standard formats (avoid custom formats).
- Limit the number of formats (e.g. 16:9 Widescreen, 4:3 Standard)
Templafy Slide Library will only display the slides that are relevant for the active presentation format. If a user works in a 16:9 format, Templafy will only display 16:9 slides in the Slide Library to ensure correct insertion in the active presentation. If you use multiple presentation formats in Presentations Library, you will need to support the same number of formats for the Slides Library.
- Base all pre-made presentations on your company templates
What kind of assets should the Presentations Library contain?
- Templates/Blank presentations: allow users to start a presentation from scratch.
The Master will give formatting and branding guidelines to users. The Master should contain a limited amount of layouts. Additional layouts can be managed with the Slides Library.
- Corporate presentations: a set of presentations that are often used in your company.
Examples: company presentation, product introduction, onboarding/training presentations, etc.
When uploading to Templafy, is it recommended to give a friendly name to the presentations so it is easily understandable by the end-user. Tip: you can add more details about the presentation in the Description field ("Internal presentation", etc.).
The Slides Library is used to insert slides in the current presentation.
What to keep in mind when creating slides for Templafy?
- Always use one of the finalized templates that are uploaded in the Presentation Library
Templafy Library uses the "Use Destination Theme" default setting from PowerPoint upon insertion, which could result in slides being reformated or new layouts being created if the slide is based on a different template than the active presentation.
- Upload the slides in all formats that are in use in your Presentation Library (4:3, 16:9, etc.)
Templafy Slide Library will only display the slides that are relevant for the active presentation format. If a user works in a 16:9 format, Templafy will only display 16:9 slides in the Slide Library to ensure correct insertion in the active presentation.
What kind of assets should the Presentation library contain?
- General/Additional layouts: text columns, tables, placeholders, etc.
- Specific slides:
- Corporate: “about us”, “values/missions”, company facts, etc.
- Sales: product features, subscription terms, etc.
- HR: training and onboarding presentations, etc.
- Marketing & Comms: posters, social media plans, market plan, etc.
- Legal: NDA components, etc.
- Finance: quarterly results reporting, budget, etc.
When uploading to Templafy, it is recommended to tag the deck and slides accordingly, to enhance results for the end-user when using the search.
Slide elements Library
A slide element is a shape, or a group of shapes, on a slide, that is inserted from the Slide elements Library onto a slide in the active presentation.
What to keep in mind when creating slide elements for Templafy?
- Split your slide elements into individual slides
Slide Elements are uploaded as .pptx format on individual slides to allow users to choose which slide elements they want to insert.
- Resize the slide size of your slide elements presentation to ensure that previews are larger
This can be done in PowerPoint > Design tab > Slide Size > Custom Slide Size > Select "Maximize" - Be careful, logos/layouts, and other PowerPoint elements might be distorted during the conversion.
What kind of assets should the Slide elements library contain?
- General: corporate icons
- Specific: graphs, tables, comments boxes, maps, shapes, etc.
When uploading to Templafy, it is recommended to tag the deck and slide elements accordingly, to enhance the results for the end-user when using the search.