About this article
The image library provides a collection of company-approved images, which can be accessed from within Office applications. In this article, we will explain the best practices when using Images in Templafy.
In which Office Applications can Images be used?
- Outlook (PC only)
The Image library is used to insert images within documents.
What to keep in mind when preparing Images for Templafy?
- Templafy supports the following file types
- jpg (bitmap)
- jpeg (bitmap)
- gif (bitmap)
- png (bitmap)
- svg (vector-based)
- Recommended settings
- jpg file type
- RGB color type
- 150dpi resolution
- Maximum file size 200KB
What kind of assets should the Image library contain?
- General: corporate images, logos
- Specific images: company images, industry-specific images, customer logos, staff headshots, etc.
When uploading to Templafy, it is recommended to tag the images, to enhance the results for the end-user when using the search.
Image compression and support
If images are uploaded in larger sizes, they are automatically optimized for Office use when inserted via Templafy add-ins if the image is larger than 1MB. Images are compressed to avoid file sizes becoming extremely large, whilst maintaining the quality, meaning that images are shown on a presentation screen in high definition still look great.
Images are compressed to below 2000 x 2000 pixels, and less than 200 KB in size.
Image support per application
- WebApp: Bitmap and vector-based images are supported
- VSTO AddIn in Office 2016 and higher: Bitmap and vector-based images are supported
- Web AddIns: Bitmap supported