About this article
In this article, we will explain what can be done through the "More actions" ellipsis menu accessible in the Office Add-ins section in the Admin Center.
How to edit Templafy Desktop Host version and/or edit office add-ins settings?
- Navigate to the
Office add-instab in the Admin Center
- Click on the
More actionsellipsis menu in the top right corner
- Click on
- Click on
- From here you can edit:
- Templafy Desktop Host version (in red below)
- Customize the ribbon for the Library add-ins (in green below)
- Enable library add-ins for specific office applications (in yellow below)
Templafy Desktop Host version drop-down will enable you to select the host version of the Templafy MSI. Changing the host version of the MSI will require a new download of the Templafy MSI to be reflected.
Enabling the "Create custom tab for Templafy add-ins" will trigger the creation of a custom tab in Office to gather the Templafy add-ins under one single ribbon, the name of the custom tab can be customized in the Custom tab label field. When utilizing several Templafy modules in Office, we recommend enabling the checkbox.
Example with Library, Check and ProductivityPlus modules enabled for a tenant:
- The "Create custom tab for Templafy add-ins" is unchecked
Library will be displayed in the Home tab, Check and ProductivityPlus will be displayed in a different
- The "Create custom tab for Templafy add-ins" is checked:
Library, Check and ProductivityPlus will all be displayed in the same custom tab, Library will also still be displayed in the Home tab
Enabling or disabling checkboxes under the Library add-in menu will trigger or not the add-in to be activated for all users on the tenant:
- If the Library add-in is checked for a specific Office application, the Library will be enabled for the end-users in the Office application.
- If the Library add-in is not checked for a specific Office application, the Library will not be enabled for the end-users in the Office application.
In case you wish to have the Library add-ins available in Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook but would like to have it disabled in Excel: Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook should be checked (enabled) and Excel should be unchecked (disabled).