About this article
This article will explain how to set up Salesforce as an App Connector. This means, opening Templafy directly from within Salesforce. The App Connector module must be activated before you can connect to Salesforce as an App Integration. Sections in this article:
- Setting up Salesforce as an App Connector in Templafy
- Installing the Templafy Salesforce app Package in Salesforce
- Configuring the installed Templafy app in Salesforce
- Deploying the configured application within the section in Salesforce where the Templafy app can/should be initiated in
In order to have the Templafy app running in Salesforce, there are four steps to follow.
Set up the app connector in Templafy.
Install the Templafy Salesforce app Package in Salesforce.
Configure the installed Templafy app in Salesforce.
Deploy the configured application within the section in Salesforce where the Templafy app can/should be initiated in.
Setting up Salesforce as an App Connector in Templafy
- In the Admin Center, access
- Go in
- Find/Search for
- Enter the required information
Salesforce Tenant Domain Name
Installing the Templafy Salesforce app Package in Salesforce
- Follow the link provided by Templafy:
- Install Templafy and specify to which group:
- Grant access:
- The installation will process.
- The installation is complete.
- The app should now appear under
Configuring the installed Templafy app in Salesforce.
App Managerlocate the Templafy app and click
- Click on
- From the
Permitted Userscombo box select
Admin approved users are pre-authorizedand save changes.
- After changing the type of permitted users and saving the changes, under the settings of the app, a new section appears called
Profiles. Click on
Application Profile Assignmentselect the profiles which will or should have access to the application and save the changes. Example selection could be:
Deploying the configured application within the section in Salesforce where the Templafy app can/should be initiated in
The Templafy app can be launched from within several sections in Salesforce. For instance, it can be initiated from an Opportunity object page, Lead/contact object page, and Account object page amongst others. In this example, we will configure the app to be launched from within an opportunity, but you can configure it on as many pages as you desire as long as the page supports file uploads.
- Once you are in the desired location in which the Templafy App connector should be present, click on
- In this section, you will be now able to place the Templafy button in the area of the page you would like it to appear for the end-user. On the left-hand side, under
Components, and in
Custom-Managed, the Templafy app should be present.
- The Templafy app can now be dragged to an insertion point for the component, either in an empty region or before or after another component.
- Once dropped, Salesforce will indicate you the component is still not yet valid. This is because you still need to configure the app so that it knows to which Templafy tenant it should connect to, and which should be the default Templafy directory, the web app should open. This can be configured on the right-hand side of the page. A
Templafy tenant nameshould be filled in, as well as the
Templafy default directory.
Templafy Tenant nameshould be just the tenant's name, NOT the full URL. The
Templafy default directoryshould include the slash.
Save the changes.
- The name in the field
Templafy tenant namemust be written completely in lowercase text, like 'sboxtechopsintegrations' in the example above. If you don't do that, then (when a user clicks the
Create Documentbutton) the composer will not load any template.
- When the field
Templafy default directorycontains the value '/library/documents' as shown in the image above, then the composer will show documents.
Use '/library/presentations' to show presentations and '/library/spreadsheets' to show spreadsheets. If you only use '/library' or leave the field empty then the composer shows the form where the user can choose between documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
- The name in the field
- You can now go back to the page, and the Templafy
Create Documentbutton will be visible and ready to be launched. It will be now visible in all Opportunities.
After the configuration is done, the next step is to set up your templates to use the data from Salesforce, which is explained in the article How to configure Salesforce bindings for the App Connector.