About this article
This article will explain how to set up Salesforce as a Data Connector. The Data Connector module must be activated before you can connect to Salesforce as a Data Integrations. Configuration is needed both in Templafy and in Salesforce. Sections in this article:
- How to set up Salesforce as a Data Connector in Templafy?
- How to create an external data source with Salesforce a Data Connector in Templafy?
How to set up Salesforce as a Data Connector in Templafy?
- Go to
Availabletab in Integrations management
- Click on the
- Click on
- Fill in required fields
Display Name: the display name of your connector
Instance URL: https://yourtenantname.my.salesforce.com/
- Global Username: the email address of the admin/user setting up the app and thereby setting up the request. We recommend to "Always use global username".
Your username can be found here:
How to create an external data source with Salesforce a Data Connector in Templafy?
- Once you have configured the Salesforce Data connector, in the Templafy Admin portal, click on
Resourcesand then head to the
External Data Sourcestab.
- Click on the button
Add External Data Sourceand a window to configure and fetch the data will appear. In this window, under
Connectorchoose Salesforce (this is the name you have given to the data connector). Next, under
EntityDataSeta dropdown menu with all the possible Salesforce object lists will appear. In this menu, you can scroll or type to find what you are looking for. In this example, we will choose the object "Opportunity" and add it. You can change the name and add a description should you want to give it one. Afterwards, a data source will appear and you can now reference this external data source in your dynamic templates.
- Bear in mind that when viewing the items in the data source, we can only display 10 items at a time, but it doesn't mean we don't have access to the full list in that data object.
- You can now proceed to add more data sources from your Salesforce CRM.
After the configuration is done, the next step is to set up your templates to use the data from Salesforce, which is explained in the article How to configure Salesforce bindings for the Data Connector.