About this article
This article will explain how to set up and centrally deploy from the Google Admin console the Templafy Library Task pane that works within Google Docs, and Slides. This means, opening the Templafy Library Task pane directly from within these apps.
Sections in this article:
- Create a Project
- Deploy the Google Docs script to the project
- Deploy the Google Slides script to the project
- Finalize the configuration of the Templafy Task Pane Add-on
How to set up the Templafy Library Task pane (add-on) in the Google Admin console?
There are four main big steps in this section:
- Create a project
- Deploy the Google Docs script to the project.
- Deploy the Google Slides script to the project.
- Finalize the configuration of the Templafy Library Task pane Add-on.
Create a Project:
- As an admin, open the Google Cloud projects list here: https://console.cloud.google.com/cloud-resource-manager
+ Create Projectand fill out the project's information:
The project should appear now in the cloud resource manager:
- Select the project and click on its ellipsis menu to see its settings. Copy the project number. It will be needed in the subsequent steps.
- Configure the OAuth consent screen. In the Project's dashboard, search "OAuth Consent screen"
- App Name: Templafy
- Support Email: Any
- Please include the Templafy icon from the Templafy assets that you can download here: Templafy Assets
- Developer contact information, email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add the following scopes by pasting them in the bottom box and click
Add to table, then
Save and continue:
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/script.container.ui, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/script.external_request, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/presentations,
- Enable Drive API
- Enable Google Docs API
- Enable Workspace Marketplace SDK
Deploy the Google Docs script to the project:
- Click on the following Google docs Templafy app script and make a copy of it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QODTXLlNgz6Tg-JVcjtsyaJjZi35lMYQAyv9QJ2fm8E/edit?usp=sharing
- In the newly copied document, click
Toolsin the upper menu bar and click
Script editor. Alternatively you can go to https://script.google.com/ and open the copied document.
- Under the project settings, in the script editor, change the Google cloud project by adding the number you copied in step 4. Also, copy the script ID (It will be needed for the final configuration of the app).
- Click on
- Click on
New deployment. Once the description completed click on
Deploy the Google Slides script to the project (Same process as the Google Docs script):
- Click on the following Google slides Templafy app script and make a copy of it:
- In the script editor set project ID as for the Google Docs script and copy script ID (It will be needed for the final configuration of the app).
- Create a new deployment.
Finalize the configuration of the Templafy Task Pane Add-on:
- Go to https://console.cloud.google.com/ and search the Google Workspace SDK. Click
- Configure App Visibility (Should be private, unless the Client's Google Admin wants it to be public). It should also be unlisted if the Client's Google Admin doesn't want the users installing the add-on themselves.
- Configure the Installation Settings depending on the Client's Google admin preferences. If said admin wants the users to also install the app themselves, then the app visibility should not be "unlisted". Otherwise, the users can't find the app unless they have the app's exact URL.
- Under the App Integration section, tick Docs Add-on and Slides Add-on and put the scripts' IDs (which you copied before). Under version, you can put 1.0.
- Under Developer Information, please include the following details:
- Under Store Listing, please include the following details:
- Language: English
- Application Name: Templafy
- Short description: Templafy gives you access to Images and text elements right where you need them
- Category: Office Applications
- Graphics assets that you downloaded previously
- Terms of service: https://www.templafy.com/templafy-saas-agreement/
- Privacy: https://www.templafy.com/privacy/
- Support: https://support.templafy.co
- Regions: Google Admin's Preference
- Post-install: Get access to all of your organization's content by choosing "Templafy > Open"'
- Click on the APP URL that is on the top of the Store listing page
- Finalize the installation
- Grant Templafy rights to access the data
- You can install the task panes to :
- everyone at your organization
- certain groups or organizational unit
- The Templafy Library Task pane Add-on should now be available within the google workspace apps for each user, but each user must finalize the configuration by giving consent on the usage of data and configuring the URL of the Templafy tenant of their organization. The URL should follow be like this: https://TENANTNAME.templafy.com/