About this article
In this article, we will explain what are the different tabs available in the User Profile as well as the configuration of the form fields.
- General tab
- Configuration tab
- Layout tab
- TextBox configuration fields
- CheckBox configuration fields
- DropDown and ComboBox configuration
- Date, Heading and Instruction configuration
User Profile form tabs
In the General tab, you have five sections:
- Type: will allow to you choose the type of form field you would like to utilize.You have the option of choosing a text box, check box, combo box, dropdown, date, heading or instruction.
- Name: the name section should be filled out to describe the purpose of the field but it is only used as a reference and cannot have spaces.
- Label: the label section is what end-users will see in their User Profiles.
- Required: will allow you to make the field required or not for the end user.
- Placeholder: will allow you to add a placeholder text to the form field to guide the user on what is expected in this field.
Depending on what type of field you have specified in the Type section, you will be presented with corresponding configuration details.
- If you choose type text box, you have the option of adding a default value, setting the number of lines, setting max length, setting max/min number, or using an AD claim to populate the field.
- Text boxes, check boxes, combo boxes and dropdowns all have their own specific configurations while dates, instructions and headers do not have configurations.
- The field type dropdown is unique in that is needs to reference a Data Source in order to retrieve the list of drop down items. Please review the below diagram that explains what the different fields mean for dropdowns:
A practical example of the 'Filter By' field is if you have a Data Source with Countries and Cities. When you are in the User Profile, you click the dropdown for Country and select 'Denmark'. Then you go to the dropdown for the City and you do not want to see cities from other countries right? If you filter the Cities dropdown field by Country, you will only see the Danish cities.
For every type of field other than Heading and Instruction, you will have the ability to add a space before or after the field, or add help text before or after the field. The Heading and Instruction field types only have spacing before and after.
User Profile form fields
TextBox configuration fields
- Default value = default value of the form field
- Lines = define number of lines in the form field
- Max length = define maximum character length of the form field
- Max number = define maximum
- Min number = define maximum
- AD claim = allow you to map to AD claims
CheckBox configuration field
- Checked by default = toggle default value of the form field
DropDown and ComboBox configuration fields
- Options = define which data to show from data resources (data column)
- Field to show = define which field within the data source column you selected in Options
- Default value = define the default value of the form field
- Hide if no user interaction = will hide dropdown if there's only one value defined and therefore no user interaction needed
- Auto select first option = Toggle this, if you want the first available option in the dropdown automatically selected
- Filter by = define if you want to filter available values by other form field, meaning a selection based on another field in the dropdown
- Filter field = filtering based on a field from the data source column you are referencing
Date, Heading and Instruction configuration field
- No configuration necessary