A Terraform script is provided to create a new VM that will verify outgoing port 25 is not blocked in the subscription for implementing the Client-hosted Email Signature Server solution.
- Create a Linux based VM to confirm outgoing port 25 availability on new Virtual Machines.
- The resources the Terraform script creates will be contained within a single Resource group.
- After the results of the port 25 check have been verified this Resource group can be deleted.
Installation from Azure Cloud Shell
- Log in to Azure web portal.
Start Cloud Shell.
- If this is the first time you are using Cloud Shell you will be prompted to create a storage account for the Cloud Shell files.
When prompted to choose bash or PowerShell, select
Read more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-shell/quickstart
Verify the subscription where the Templafy Email Signature Server cluster will be deployed to is set to the default:
az account show
az account set --subscription <subscription name or ID>
In Cloud Shell change into the
Create a new directory for the terraform files:
mkdir port25check; cd port25check
Download and extract the port25check terraform scripts:
curl -O https://download.templafy.com/delivery/ESS/port25check.zip
./tf-run.batin your open Cloud Shell to run the Terraform scripts that will create the port 25 check VM.
The output will return the URL to check the results of the port 25 connectivity test.
Delete the test resources
port25checkdirectory in Azure Cloud Shell:
terraform destroy -auto-approve
From the Azure Portal: