A Terraform script is provided to create a new VM that will verify outgoing port 25 is not blocked in a subscription as described in support document Prerequisites: Azure subscription without Microsoft lock on port 25 outbound
- Create a Linux based VM to confirm outgoing port 25 availability on new Virtual Machines.
- The resources the Terraform script creates will be contained within a single Resource group.
- After the results of the port 25 check have been verified this Resource group can be deleted.
Installation from Azure Cloud Shell
- Log in to Azure web portal.
Start Cloud Shell.
- If this is the first time you are using Cloud Shell you will be prompted to create a storage account for the Cloud Shell files.
When prompted to choose bash or PowerShell, select
Read more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-shell/quickstart
Verify the subscription where the Templafy Email Signature Server cluster will be deployed to is set to the default:
az account show
az account set --subscription <subscription name or ID>
In Cloud Shell change into the
Create a new directory for the terraform files:
mkdir port25check; cd port25check
Download and extract the port25check terraform scripts:
curl https://download.templafy.com/delivery/ESS/port25check.zip > port25check.zip
Initialize terraform by running the following command to download the required providers:
Run terraform plan to create an execution plan (it will not change anything yet):
terraform plan --out out.plan
Apply the changes by running:
terraform apply out.plan
The output will return the URL to check the results of the port 25 connectivity test.
Delete the test resources
port25checkdirectory in Azure Cloud Shell:
From the Azure Portal: