About this article
This article will guide the Administrator in upgrading the Email Signature Server container image version deployed to the Kubernetes cluster. This is an in-place upgrade of each Email Signature Server pod by the Kubernetes system using the new image version specified. This process does not cause downtime and can be done at any time.
- Navigate to the Kubernetes resources deployment
- Update the container image version
- Verify and monitor upgraded pods
Navigate to the Kubernetes resources deployment
- Navigate to the Resource group containing the templafyemailsignatureserver Kubernetes service
- Select the Workloads under the Kubernetes resources section of the left hand panel
- Click the email-signature-server-deployment in the main panel on the right
Update the container image version
In the deployment the environment variable
containers has the property
image set to the version of the Email Signature Server being used.
- Select the YAML item in the left hand pane of the email-signature-server-deployment Overview
- Select the JSON tab of the main panel
- Under the
specsection, find the
containersJSON section, and update the value of the
imageproperty to the new version
[Review + Save]button
Check the "Confirm manifest changes" checkbox
Verify and monitor upgraded pods
Select the Overview section in the left hand pane. Toward the bottom of the page, in the right hand pane, you will see the list of pods for the deployment and along with their status.
- Pods that have the old deployment configuration will have the status Terminating
- Pods with the new deployment configuration, and upgraded Email Signature Server version in this case, will have the status ContainerCreating
- When all the new pods listed have the status Running then the cluster is fully upgraded to the given version of the Email Signature Server
- You can now send some e-mails and verify that the Email Signature Server is appending signatures as expected
Article is closed for comments.