About this article
This article explains the general user onboarding flow, that users are presented with when they access Templafy for the first time and are prompted to complete their User Profile. The user onboarding flow is different on PC and Mac/Office online, and both experiences are explained below.
Sections in this article:
- What is the Templafy user onboarding flow
- User Onboarding flow on PC
- User Onboarding flow on Mac/Office Online
What is the Templafy user onboarding flow
The user onboarding flow refers to a couple of steps, that the user is presented with when they access Templafy for the first time. The onboarding flow checks that the information in the User Profile is correct, and enables the user to fill out any mandatory fields which have not already been auto-populated with data from the organization's Active Directory.
After confirming that the information in the User Profile is correct, the user is shown a preview of their User Profile and the user has the option to finalize the process or edit again.
User onboarding flow on PC
When Templafy has been installed on a user's PC, the user will be prompted to access Templafy for the first time with below dialogue boxes. This flow is handled by Templafy Desktop and appears the first time, the user logs in.
- Close window
Completing the User Profile
After following the steps of accessing Templafy for the first time, the next step of the user onboarding flow is to check that the User Profile is completed. Some fields in the User Profile may have been auto-populated with data from the organization's Active Directory and other fields may require the user to fill in information. Completing these steps in the onboarding flow validates the user on Templafy and creates the User Profile.
To complete the User Profile, follow below steps:
- Navigate to Word, PowerPoint or Excel
- Open Templafy by choosing either of the two options
- No matter the option, Templafy opens the composer from where you'll see the incomplete user profile highlighted in the top right corner of the window. Click the option to complete the User Profile
User onboarding flow on Mac/Office Online
When Templafy is installed on Mac or Office Online, the first steps of the onboarding flow where users access Templafy for the first time, like shown above for PC, is not handled through a desktop application, but directly within the add-in in the Templafy task pane. This is because on Mac, Templafy Desktop is not available, and as such, the user profile confirmation must be done through the task pane displaying the web app.
- Navigate to Office online
- Click on Templafy in the ribbon to open the add-in
- Enter your email in the field and click
- If the user attempts to create a document out of a template, a window appears asking the user to complete the User Profile.
Complete user profile nowopens the User Profile and the User can edit fields, and hit